Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time all religions accept evolution?
Is it time all religions accept evolution?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3pCV9MkjU
RE: Is it time all religions accept evolution?
No.

Then they might avail themselves of medicines developed from a modern understanding of life, DNA, resistance, etc. and live longer and continue to annoy us with their fucking religion.

Almost all religions have tales of faith healing all ills and wounds, they should just sit around and believe away all their problems.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Facts aren't a matter of choice: you either accept them or become irrelevant. For a good century, large swathes of religion have opted for the latter, and I'm hardly going to give them a pat on the back for being reasonable now.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Reality is what reality is, whether it makes you happy or not is irrelevant. Religion has pretended that it got to call the shots and force people who had the facts, if those facts disagreed with church doctrine, to recant those facts, as though that changed reality. Today, we know that reality is what reality is and what people believe about reality has no bearing on reality itself. It's time the religious grew the hell up and figured that out.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Evolution doesn't care if you accept it. It keeps happening. You just look like an idiot
Mr. Religion: Do you expect me to talk the talk concerning evolution?

Sciencefinger: No, Mr. Religion, I expect you to die!

Cue laser cannon of enlightenment
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 7, 2015 at 11:38 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT3pCV9MkjU

No, there is a debate about when oxygen became present on earth, there's now some evidence that oxygen has always been present in earth's atmosphere.
Will be interesting to see what happens, could be a big change a comin'.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
What evidence is that?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Of course it bloody well is. And if they don't, fuck 'em, the very process that they reject - evolution - will ensure they die off within a few generations.
Much like what is already happening.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(August 8, 2015 at 12:08 am)Esquilax Wrote: Facts aren't a matter of choice: you either accept them or become irrelevant.

This.

There is still plenty of room for us to talk about the possible existence of God but evolution, a 4.5 billion year old Earth and 13.7 billion year old universe are hard fact. Denying them puts one in the same category as a flat-earther. One forfeits all right to be taken seriously by going there.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1851 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2781 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3487 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11137 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3736 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10876 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12865 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 601 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11101 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22903 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares