Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having problems replying to threads?
Anyone else having problems replying to threads?
The problem occurs when I reply to posts, after I press return the curser appears above my last line not below it and the arrow keys don't work either.
Just typing in a response without hitting the reply button does not give this issue nor does posting a new thread like this.

Not a big problem but rather annoying.

I have just updated to windows 10 if that makes any difference.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Anyone else having problems replying to threads?
(August 23, 2015 at 2:54 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I have just updated to windows 10 if that makes any difference.

THIS JUST IN: Windows persecuting atheists by being mildly annoying
I posted a thread about it. It seems to be an intermittent problem.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Nope.

Everything seems to be working okay
Dying to live, living to die.
I am not having a problem "replying" but I'm having a problem "quoting".

Whenever I try to merely "quote", it treats it like a "reply" and re-posts the entire conversation.
I've noticed quoting problems where the entire response was just the other persons quote...

Besides that all my posting problems have been my own stupid fault.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(August 23, 2015 at 2:54 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I have just updated to windows 10 ...

I'm sorry. Anything I can do to help? A bullet maybe? Smile
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I never tried the 'QUOTE' button before. I just tried and I get nothing. I also have just links to pics and gifs, no actual pictures. Windows 7. (already have my bullet)
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(August 23, 2015 at 7:34 pm)IATIA Wrote: I never tried the 'QUOTE' button before. I just tried and I get nothing. I also have just links to pics and gifs, no actual pictures. Windows 7. (already have my bullet)

Oo, oo! If the link shows up in a box like [image: URL] then it's a settings thing, right?? Did I help someone?
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(August 23, 2015 at 7:34 pm)IATIA Wrote: I never tried the 'QUOTE' button before.  I just tried and I get nothing.  I also have just links to pics and gifs, no actual pictures.  Windows 7. (already have my bullet)
Try selecting the "Quote" button (should turn from green to red) then select "New Reply". The quote should show up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 725 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1093 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Having, collecting and hoarding onlinebiker 67 3486 April 13, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2596 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1786 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1671 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Civil Commentary on the R'lyeh commentary on Civil Discussion Threads Whateverist 5 1232 November 18, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Solipsism threads should only have one post. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1320 August 11, 2018 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7345 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
  Tomato plant problems popeyespappy 33 1966 May 31, 2018 at 7:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus