Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
islam is dying out
islam is dying out
Due to islamic extremism and the apparent growth of islam is really not growing at all.
islam is on the decline as more and more people are leaving the faith of islam behind due to the bronze age teachings
and violence associated with said religion. So now islam is now same boat as christianity.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: islam is dying out
Your keyboard to imaginary deity's eyes.

Let's hope you're right.

I know that atheist groups are growing in the Middle East and other Muslim areas, and I'm hoping that the actions of ISIS and others in the regions will be a catalyst for a public uprising in the region against the extremists.

Only time will tell, though.
Dying to live, living to die.
I imagine they are killing each other faster than they can fuck.

I wonder if that model is sustainable?
Actually Islam is continually growing. It's far from dying out. It increased 137% in the last decade. I wonder how much faster it would grow if it didn't have so many backward beliefs about women.
Yeah, that's not even close to right.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I feel there must be a growing number of sleeper atheists in there though, with just threats of violence and social rejection keeping them playing along for now.

I wish I had the answer as to how they could somehow all join forces and make atheism an acceptable alternative. I suppose it's a matter of working on global education and raising awareness through attitudes.

My message to Muslims everywhere who use such extreme methods is, "How weak is your god if he needs you to stop people questioning him and making their own decisions? Can't he take care of things himself?"

I think that this severe enforcement of religion is going to be its last bastion, while the more civilised countries gradually get increasingly secular and non-religious.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Population speculation report states that 1 in 4 (25%) of the world population will be Muslim by the year 2030.
(August 27, 2015 at 12:01 am)Divinity Wrote: Actually Islam is continually growing.  It's far from dying out.  It increased 137% in the last decade.  I wonder how much faster it would grow if it didn't have so many backward beliefs about women.

It probably grows so quickly precisely because it has so many backward beliefs about women.

I see your profile says you're a believer, I'm just speculating here but I'm going to guess you're a Christian. I wonder if you're as critical about your own religion's attitudes towards women. Because I got news for you. It's just as bad in Christianity as what it is in Islam.

If I've assumed wrong and you're not actually Christian, then just take what I said as a general sentiment towards Xtians regardless.
(August 26, 2015 at 11:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I imagine they are killing each other faster than they can fuck.

I wonder if that model is sustainable?
A self limiting religion is a Fantastic idea.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
They may breed like vermin, however to label a child as (insert religion here) is incorrect.
Indeed the 2nd / 3rd gen muslims in the UK show the same trend to apostasy as xtians once they are removed from the immediate vicinity of their parents. The threats from within their own community keep them silent till that point however.Thus we see a move to indoctrinate children in schools in areas of significant muslim population which betrays the desperation of Islamists in the face of western culture.

Given the unreliability of statistics regarding religion I'd take the figures with a large pinch of salt.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7839 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5463 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33818 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet