Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share your dreams/nightmares
Share your dreams/nightmares
I sometimes have the most powerful and bizarre dreams. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where everyone can describe theirs, before they get lost from memory.

A few nights ago I had a dream where I had died, but my mother gave birth to another brother. The brother was born at 27 years old, and was black. Not only that, but I became him, with all my memories.

I had another one where I was roller skating in a hall, set up with ledges everywhere. I love dreams like this! The normal rules of gravity and how good I am at stuff didn't apply, and I was skating sideways along the walls, jumping from ledge to ledge, amazing!

My worst ever dream, which I still remember, was one where I thought I was in psychological hell. I was in this kind of dark room. There were a few exits, so I tried one of them. After walking for a bit, I was back in the first room. I tried different exits, and again just kept being put back after a while. Sometimes it let me get further, I made real progress. It felt like I was finally getting out of whatever place this was! Then bam, back in the room. I honestly believed this was it: this was going on forever. I felt total despair. I kept "waking up" within the dream, and being relieved it was all over. The back in the room again. When I actually woke up (assuming... can't bear to think about it...) my god was I relieved.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Share your dreams/nightmares
Great idea, will come back to it
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Sure....just not today ._.
I was at a donut stand at a farmer's market in a really panicked rush to get two hand-dipped donuts with sprinkles. And I was being kind of an asshole about it.

And, well, end of last night's dream.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 4, 2015 at 8:20 am)c172 Wrote: I was at a donut stand at a farmer's market in a really panicked rush to get two hand-dipped donuts with sprinkles. And I was being kind of an asshole about it.

And, well, end of last night's dream.

First world nightmares Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My worst almost super-realistic dream was when I was stuck in a dream and couldn't wake up. I hear it happens to everybody eveynow and then. But I was scared as crap and I remember waking up by getting down this dark staircase that led to my bed. It was creepy as hell, even more creepier than your average Gothic emo mystic.

Btw if you are a dream-lover, you might want to check out on how to practice Lucid-dreaming (how to make and control dreams in your sleep).
I had this dream last night in which my wife and I were sleeping in a Plains Indians-style teepee, snugly nestled under buffalo hides with a bunch of puppies, while the winter winds howled outside. It was a really sweet and comforting dream. Then I woke up and found out why I was having the dream: my wife had unnecessarily turned on the AC in the middle of the night, and our place was like a damn meat locker.
Most of mine are like Robs. I'm in a situation that I can't find an escape from. In public naked trying to hide, in Nam with the VC chasing me, trying to drive somewhere but lost and just have to continue driving, at work and people demand something from me that I have no clue about.

Worst one was in color (normally I dream in b&w). I was laying on an operating table with gowned medical staff all around. They told me I had a tumor in my head that needed to be removed. However, the surgery was so difficult that none of them was willing to perform it and I would have to do the surgery on myself. So, they gave me the surgical instruments and put a mirror in place so I could see the reflection . The top of my skull had been removed and there was my brain in washed out colors of green, red, blue and grey. I started fumbling with the surgical implements and was very frustrated because I was working with the reverse reflection. At that point I woke up. Have never had that dream again.

I wonder how the surgery went?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When the assholes also crashed my individual economy and retirement plans in 2008, I kept dreaming about wads of cash in my pocket. No joke, the harder it got to pay the bills, the more I dreamt about money.

I'm sure, I can come up with some more bizare ones, since there's no shortage of nightmares in my sleep.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
My best dreams are about my father - I doubt I'll ever get fully over his death.

My worst dreams involve explosions and body parts.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1771 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  News So Good I Have to Share It Rhondazvous 6 1021 July 5, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5730 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Will you share your food (serious question) ErGingerbreadMandude 39 5565 January 15, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Christmas Traditions You Want to Share? Shell B 46 4482 December 20, 2017 at 3:44 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Dreams WinterHold 1 369 November 27, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: chorlton
  What are your goals and dreams? Edwardo Piet 40 4381 November 6, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: c172
  Share Your Weird Dreams Shell B 24 9439 July 28, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Together we share ours dreams viocjit 41 5970 May 11, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 821 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene