Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look at a piece of my insane family
A look at a piece of my insane family
My 28 year old Jesus freak of a nephew finally joined facebook. Today he posted something completely bazaar so I thought I'd share.
He wrote:
"Two more sicknesses bowing to the name of Jesus to report. One guy had a virus one day, we prayed, next day no virus!!! Free of charge, already paid for by the blood! The other guy had a swolen ankle, it was a reocuring injury that the doctor had given him antibiotics in the past. After some prayer, the ankle is 90% healed with no pain he said 2 days later!"

My comment back:
"You're kidding...right? Sometimes viruses and injuries heal on their own. The body does that. Funny thing."

Why? Somebody save me.
binnyCoffee
RE: A look at a piece of my insane family
(May 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm)binny Wrote: My 28 year old Jesus freak of a nephew finally joined facebook. Today he posted something completely bazaar so I thought I'd share.
He wrote:
"Two more sicknesses bowing to the name of Jesus to report. One guy had a virus one day, we prayed, next day no virus!!! Free of charge, already paid for by the blood! The other guy had a swolen ankle, it was a reocuring injury that the doctor had given him antibiotics in the past. After some prayer, the ankle is 90% healed with no pain he said 2 days later!"

My comment back:
"You're kidding...right? Sometimes viruses and injuries heal on their own. The body does that. Funny thing."

Why? Somebody save me.
I'm not certain he is salable in the first place.

All tongue in cheek aside, he sounds like a beginning con man.
binny, dig out Dawkins God Delusion and make him read the part that deals with the prayer experiment that the religious foundation sponsored which failed dismally ( for them ).
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(May 18, 2010 at 5:10 pm)binny Wrote: My 28 year old Jesus freak of a nephew finally joined facebook. Today he posted something completely bazaar so I thought I'd share.
He wrote:

My comment back:

Why? Somebody save me.

Ask him what happens when things like that don't heal, and the guy does pray.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I'll pray for anything he wants. Each prayer is available for only $9.99 a piece! Emergency situations are on sale right now for a mere $22.99. That gets you three full prayers over the course of two nights!
It gets better. He responded to my comment 3 times.
Jesus freak Nephew: "Doesn't explain the hundreds of other healings I've seen first hand that don't just heal all of a sudden. Like a swollen ankle bruised and disfigured dissapear right before my very eyes. One minute hes struggling to walk the next minute he can run. Funny thing how God works."
"Or last week when we saw 3 guys at Cinco de Myo on waterfront who don't even believe in Jesus had a back healed, a guys knee completely healed right their...the list goes on and on. Got any pain in your body? Give it try? It's free unlike the doctors who want to charge a arm and a leg+$"
"Their no sense fighting it Binny Boo, I'm going to love the atheism right out of you!! HAAAA HAAA HAAA!!!!!"

Me, the clear minded: "What the hell are you talking about. Try what? God? That's suppose to straighten my spine, uncompress my disk, get rid of my 3rd nipple? I'm also near sighted and have astigmatism. That can be fixed too? Call me a skeptic. I was born an atheist and I'll die an atheist. You nor anyone else will change that. God bless atheismSmile"
I may just by a copy of Dawkins book for him.
binnyCoffee
Ask him why god won't heal amputees?
Good point. I'll do that. Smile
binnyCoffee
(May 18, 2010 at 7:17 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: I'll pray for anything he wants. Each prayer is available for only $9.99 a piece! Emergency situations are on sale right now for a mere $22.99. That gets you three full prayers over the course of two nights!

Phffbbttt.... :p

Dotard's Prayer Emporium
All prayers. .99c each. No limit. Cool Shades
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Unfortunately with time being hardi nthe US and peopple looking for cheaper ways to do things, I see this as a theme that will increase as people blindly have faith in what they see as an easier way. But he, and you Binny, both seem set in your ways. I would perhaps for your sake stop saying things like "You nor anyone else will change that." I think that hard line will just encourage futher dissonance. You can't change him, no one can really change another. Perhaps if you were to attack his idea of "love" where he's loving you into something you don't believe with the P.O.E. angle as min suggested it would be more effective.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd family sayings zebo-the-fat 12 842 August 10, 2023 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Loan offers that look just like checks. Jehanne 6 718 December 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Expanding My Family ABQ505 10 1080 April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 518 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do we look like the Shell Answer Man? onlinebiker 8 627 December 7, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atheists reminds me of meathead from "All in the family" TV sitcom Lambe7 14 783 July 29, 2020 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Look it up in the dictionary.... Brian37 13 919 June 29, 2020 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Preppers don't look so silly now. onlinebiker 41 2057 March 31, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Family Resemblances? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 2102 May 14, 2019 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hipsters All Look Alike! chimp3 12 2067 March 13, 2019 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama