Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My random thought
My random thought
This is what I think about when I lay in bed. It's just raw straight from my mind so whatever judgement you want to give it, just know i didn't think twice when writing this, I just let my mind go on.

Everyone wants to solve the worlds issues, saying "if only this happened all our issues would go away." The truth is there is no one solution to anything. When one problem is solved another rises. The sad truth is that everyone can't all be happy without sadness, it's impossible, because then no one would be happy. Our happiness would become our sadness. A world without issue is a world without meaning, we can only progress through the struggle of others. Struggle and hardship is inevitable and an immortal feeling that's forever present, that's why we must cherish the good times with the knowledge that we only have them through our struggles, and being happy means you overcame a struggle. If we were all happy, we would all be sad, joy can only exist coinciding with struggle so celebrate hardships as joy knowing your hardships are what give you joy in the first place.
RE: My random thought
Uhm... No. Struggle is inevitable, because - physics. The world without struggle would have to be devoid of life. There's no point talking about "meaning", when it comes to facts of life, other than to create a fantasy, a lie, in order to manipulate sentient beings and make them accept more hardship, without complaint.

Just because struggle is inevitable - it doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't try to minimize and equalize it - by using our brains.
It's better to work smart, than to work hard.

Mindless celebration of unnecessary struggle and hardships was called communism. Among all too many other things.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
RE: My random thought
I agree that human nature is to become accustomed and often complacent about the state of affairs, however good they become. I also agree that everything is too complex to think that everyone can be made happy all the time.

And indeed, we seem to often be mission oriented. We like things we can achieve, and if we're all happy all the time, this would probably lead to boredom in a lot of cases.

We are programmed to contrast, and to feel happy in comparison to the times we feel sad. If we're talking strictly about our reality, then this seems inescapable. However, we should still continue to fight to end the very worst sadness in the world, even though we know it's ultimately a losing battle.

In my imaginary world, everyone can be happy all the time without there ever being any sadness. And no one gets bored of it, because they're not programmed to get bored. Boredom is itself an evolutionary product, a motivating factor to keep us on the go. There would be no boredom or sadness in my world Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10947 231685 6 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 796 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 968 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1887 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1678 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A thought on hummus, actually. Mr.Obvious 24 994 September 19, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1134 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A thought on Homosexuality Amarok 44 2794 September 19, 2018 at 1:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A thought on asexuality I_am_not_mafia 9 1079 September 18, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A thought on heterosexuality Foxaèr 6 834 September 18, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia