Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:18 am

Poll: What caused the crash?
This poll is closed.
Bomb
41.67%
5 41.67%
Missile
0%
0 0%
Shitty Russki Maintenance
41.67%
5 41.67%
Too Much Vodka in the Pilot
0%
0 0%
Aliens
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Plane Crash
Russian Plane Crash
Opinions?
RE: Russian Plane Crash
None of the above. Don't know is my answer, since the investigation is pending.

On a side note, I'm always amazed how late these news make it across the pond. It's making headlines here for thr last two days. Probably some celebrity fucking another interfered with the news.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
First we need to know what the actual crash is.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
The World Series just ended....besides, it was a weekend.

Give us a fucking break.
(November 2, 2015 at 5:17 pm)abaris Wrote: None of the above. Don't know is my answer, since the investigation is pending.

On a side note, I'm always amazed how late these news make it across the pond. It's making headlines here for thr last two days. Probably some celebrity fucking another interfered with the news.

It was all over the TV news in the USA last Saturday.
Okay, since I am not an Aerospace Engineer consider my opinion a Layman's opinion.

I think from this article,
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/02/africa/rus...ypt-sinai/

That it was a Fucking Bird or some Fucking Debris.
Now hear me out.
If it was Debris, the plane kicked up Debris while it was taking off and got into a turbine, immediately slowing it down and eventually causing the turbine to explode, possibly producing a domino effect with another turbine.
Another way this may work is that the plane hits a hole in the road, kicks up debris and slowly causes it to come into the turbine.
This is unlikely because in just imagination it would pass right through.
If it was a Bird, the bird flew into the plane on takeoff, somehow measurably slowing down the plane but not immediately entering a turbine, the bird entering a turbine and causing a turbine to explode by causing some sort of short circuit where one turbine directly effected another to explode. Another way it could happen is that it could cause the turbine it hit to explode, either by just getting caught in the turbine or splattering precious parts with its body fluid, causing it to react with other parts in a way that it causes a small explosion that triggers a larger explosion.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
Dafuq ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The plot of speed and altitude strongly suggest the plane suddenly made an very abrupt climb out of level flight, lost majority of its airspeed, and then plummeted.

The climb was very abrupt, but it didn't gain the plane a whole lot of altitude before airspeed all bled away, and the plane plummeted.

If the plane was largely intact and its engines functioning normally When for whatever reason it suddenly climb from cruising speed and altitude to the point of stalling, then the plane would likely Experience large gain in altitude before the actual stall.    So I suspect whatever cause the plane to suddenly climb had already inflicted major damage to the aircraft's aerodynamic properties and/or caused the loss of one or both engines before the plane started to gain altitude and lose airspeed

So my guess is it is some form of catastrophic structural failure which initiated the crash.   Perhaps explosive decompression that resulted in the loss of major sections of the fuselage or tail surfaces.   It's too early to say if it was caused by a bomb.    But major structural failure like this has happened before to civil airliners before without there being a bomb.
(November 2, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Chuck Wrote: The plot of speed and altitude strongly suggest the plane suddenly made an very abrupt climb out of level flight, lost majority of its airspeed, and then plummeted.

Ah, yes. It could have been the plot of Speed. If only the pilot knew he couldn't go under 55mph.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(November 2, 2015 at 6:42 pm)Chuck Wrote: If the plane was largely intact and its engines functioning normally When for whatever reason it suddenly climb from cruising speed and altitude to the point of stalling, then the plane would likely Experience large gain in altitude before the actual stall.

That's hardly possible with airbus systems in good working order. A 320 pilot once demonstrated to me what he could and couldn't do without the systems stepping on the brakes. A climb to a stall is virtually impossible, even if all the systems are disabled. Unless something took care of the safeties before that.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 438 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 180 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Russian ransomware site... brewer 1 232 July 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 903 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  SolarWinds Russian Hack - is it reasonable to believe it is real? FlatAssembler 17 948 December 21, 2020 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash Brian37 190 17593 February 24, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 545 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 351 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1039 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11242 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0