Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it historically true that Paul the Apostle was excomunicated from Jerusalem Church
Is it historically true that Paul the Apostle was excomunicated from Jerusalem Church
by James the Just. I heard it says so in the dead sea scrolls on the net. But i wonder if that is the true. If so this is a blow to fundamentalists. Considering most gospels that are used now are likely affected by Paul's sexual repression and damnation and stuff in the gospels. If you compare it to one that can be earlier like Gospel of Thomas.

I can give one source. Like i have read it some elsewhere, even youtube comments. I wonder what Richard Carrier's views is on it to be honest.
http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/excomm...f_paul.htm

Edit Dead Sea Scroll 40266
The Foundation of Righteousness (The End of the Damascus Document: An excommunication text)." The document was prepared for a convocation of the followers of Christ at the time of the Pentecost, "to curse those who depart to the right (or to the left) of the Torah," that is, the law of Moses. They praise God and speak of the maryadas or "boundary markers laid down for us." Those who over-step these boundaries are those whose "soul has rejected the Foundations of Righteousness." Paul was such a man. Elsewhere he is described as "the Lying adversary," and the "Lying Spouter" who "rejects the law in the midst of the whole congregation", "the Tongue" and the "Scoffer/Comedian" who "poured over Israel the waters of lying."
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...736AAcsWz3

This is what some say is the source of it. But i cant find it. Either way. Curious to hear ^^
RE: Is it historically true that Paul the Apostle was excomunicated from Jerusalem Church
What's historical about Paul anyway? I mean, as in proven.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Is it historically true that Paul the Apostle was excomunicated from Jerusalem Church
There is nothing about any jesus shit - nor any mention of xtianity - at all in the DSS

This, I grant you, was a major disappointment for the jesus shits who were ever so hopeful that their boy would finally make it into the record books in a datable context.

Sucks to be them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1308 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5186 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2689 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 897 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33087 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9034 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25098 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44882 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5999 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  False pagan gods are not the True ones? theBorg 88 15773 August 17, 2016 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda