Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile phone in pocket causes lower sperm count
Mobile phone in pocket causes lower sperm count
Heard it on the ABC news driving to work this morning.
I have the s4 mini precisely because it fits in my pocket easier.
I don't think I'll worry about it too much since I'm past my child bearing days anyway...

http://www.ewg.org/cell-phone-radiation-...udies-find

Quote:Studies linking cell phone exposure to harmful effects on sperm have been done in the United States, Australia, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Turkey and South Africa, using diverse methodologies. In some, scientists compared sperm counts and sperm health in men who wore cell phones on the hip with those who carried them elsewhere on the body or did not use cell phones at all. In others, researchers exposed sperm to cell phone radiation under laboratory conditions. In still others, scientists examined whether there was a correlation between sperm health and the intensity of cell phone use among men undergoing evaluation for infertility.
Among the findings:
  • Men who carried a phone in a hip pocket or on the belt had 11 percent fewer mobile sperm than men who kept a phone elsewhere on the body (Kilgallon 2005).
  • Men who carried a cell phone on the belt and used it intensively during a five-day test period had a 19 percent drop in highly motile sperm from their previous levels (Davoudi 2002).
  • Men who talked on the phone for more than an hour a day had 17 percent fewer highly motile sperm than men who talked less than 15 minutes a day (Fejes 2005).
Laboratory studies on the effects of cell phone radiation on rats, rabbits and other animals have found similar effects on reproductive health (Kesari 2011; Mailankot 2009).
All these studies found statistically significant correlations between cell phone radiation and sperm health, and many found that the adverse changes increased with the amount of radiation exposure. Opinions differ as to the possible mechanism by which cell phone radiation might produce these changes (Falzone 2010).
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Mobile phone in pocket causes lower sperm count
Who honestly gives a shit?

It's about as pointless as telling me bacon causes cancer.
Good. The less chance there is of spawning a mini-me, the better. For the world can only bear so much...
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Hold on now, nobody is suggesting getting rid of cell phones, but saying "who gives a shit" is the same fucking piss poor attitude by corporate America that took forever to get led out of gas. Same fucking attitude that has the planet stuck on oil.

How about split the difference, keep your cell phone away from your dick and in the mean time challenge cell phone MAKERS to make SAFER PRODUCTS in the long term.

This is not about one product, this is about the entire planet and the bullshit corporate attitude that the slightest suggestion that we could do things better is somehow a call to end the free market.
*puts several phones in each pocket*
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(November 28, 2015 at 7:16 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote: *puts several phones in each pocket*

So? What the hell is my species problem with considering they are not the only individual on this planet? If you want to staple your nuts to the wall, go for it, but you are not the only human on this planet.
(November 28, 2015 at 7:20 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 28, 2015 at 7:16 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote: *puts several phones in each pocket*

So? What the hell is my species problem with considering they are not the only individual on this planet? If you want to staple your nuts to the wall, go for it, but you are not the only human on this planet.

It was mostly a joke about how I don't want anymore children.  Rolleyes

Cool your jets chief.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(November 28, 2015 at 6:43 am)Brian37 Wrote: Hold on now, nobody is suggesting getting rid of cell phones, but saying "who gives a shit" is the same fucking piss poor attitude by corporate America that took forever to get led out of gas. Same fucking attitude that has the planet stuck on oil.

How about split the difference, keep your cell phone away from your dick and in the mean time challenge cell phone MAKERS to make SAFER PRODUCTS in the long term.

This is not about one product, this is about the entire planet and the bullshit corporate attitude that the slightest suggestion that we could do things better is somehow a call to end the free market.

Lowering the sperm count isn't going to harm the planet one bit.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I heard on the radio a few months ago about a guy who was arrested after making a butt call. He had his cell in his back pocket and his butt pressed the speed dial for 911, so a dispatcher was listening while he told his buddy about his marijuana.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
2 other things they mentioned are:
the 2 biggest insurance underwriters (can't recall the names) won't cover any claims caused by mobile phones and all phones in Sth Korea by law cannot be sold without an ear piece.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FDA proposal to lower nicotine in tobacco products brewer 10 1192 March 16, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  PTSD/Smart Phone App review brewer 1 788 March 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Goddamned Lower back pain ErGingerbreadMandude 25 3517 February 6, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  bacon causes cancer! WHO! ignoramus 65 14501 November 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Activity of lower lifeforms IATIA 8 1583 December 24, 2014 at 6:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality pop_punks_not_dead 45 12605 February 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1349 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
Information What things causes stupidity,ignorance? Phish 33 8135 February 10, 2013 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  HNS Gone By Multiple Causes...if "Gone" is even the right word. Minimalist 0 867 February 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist