Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What things causes stupidity,ignorance?
Information 
What things causes stupidity,ignorance?
Thinking

Why did he punished Eve from eating from the tree of knowledge,i have the right to be smart i want to be smart and educated why did god punished her for this?
we were thrown from the garden because of a women? How can they even believe in Christianity,when they are the cause of death,suffering, misery?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

RE: What things causes stupidity,ignorance?
He's a sadistic asshole?
(February 9, 2013 at 8:20 am)Napoléon Wrote: He's a sadistic asshole?

could be,but still this is like i would start a religion that would make fun out of black people and say that they are the cause of everything bad in this word and they would still join my church and in sundays they would sing along i'm black and i'm guilty for every bad thing in this planet, praise jesus

Religious people need a fucking brain exam

You know, it's exactly this line of thought that made me renounce my religion. As a child I had such a hard time fathoming why liking to learn and get educated was supposed to be a sin. When the idea came back to me later on, I just knew I had to cut the crap. But why? I don't know. It seems to me that the literate goat herders of old seem to blame women a lot just because (e.g. I'm horny, so it's that woman's fault, let's wrap her in shitloads of black cloth, if that doesn't help, let's stone her to death!). Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It is a slave religion after all.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
I find the temptation story an interesting myth which, for me, is an attempt to explain how humans developed a particular type of behaviour. The forbidden tree wasn't just ordinary knowledge. Genesis

Quote:17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it:

Now to Eve's big mistake which humans share to this day.

Quote:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise,

Knowledge isn't the same thing as wisdom, especially where this kind of knowledge is concerned. So what did Adam and Eve do with their new knowledge of good and evil?

Quote:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig-leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

They invent prudery and cover themselves up with fig leaves. Nakedness is BAD.

The myth is no excuse for making women second class citizens, of course, but I think that misuse of the knowledge of good and evil can be related to Black And White Thinking

Quote:Throughout our lives, we often inspire undue stress and anxiety by viewing our existence with a "dualistic mind." We create a world of private duality, a world that is limited to fixed or black and white thinking. We do this because it gives us a (false) sense of security and control over life's uncertainties. The dualistic mind tricks us into thinking we have this "life" thing figured out, and we don't have to struggle and search anymore. And that feels good -- but only temporarily.

The truth is this all-or-nothing mentality actually narrows our vision and creates insecurity. For example, the dualistic mind impels us to judge ourselves as:

right or wrong
good or bad
strong or weak
smart or stupid
success or failure

This type of thinking colors all of our experiences and pressures us to live in the irrational realm of extremes. But the color that infrequently exists in the dualistic mind is the "gray." The unflinching dualistic mind has no balance in its thought process. It is all one-sided and usually very inflexible.

We see this kind of thinking causing problems in the world today - my group is good and your group is evil etc.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
Fair enough Ape, but without knowledge one can rarely be wise.
So if Eve didn't eat of the fruit (I've gotten so much shit when I said apple, fundies don't like apples) she gained new knowledge, but didn't know what to do with it. God, being the merciful being he is, threw them out instead of teaching his children how to reason. Because that's what a good parent does. Not to mention sacrificing his son for all our sins, yet still punish newborn babies who die without being baptized because they are tainted with the original sin.
Not to mention, if you can make a tree grow with all knowledge, isn't it crappy programming not to give the consumers a guide how to use their upgrade? Instead of a fruit that makes you think in the extremes, why not make a nice fruit that gives you the ability to reason and think in grey tones? Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(February 9, 2013 at 10:09 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Fair enough Ape, but without knowledge one can rarely be wise.
So if Eve didn't eat of the fruit (I've gotten so much shit when I said apple, fundies don't like apples) she gained new knowledge, but didn't know what to do with it. God, being the merciful being he is, threw them out instead of teaching his children how to reason. Because that's what a good parent does. Not to mention sacrificing his son for all our sins, yet still punish newborn babies who die without being baptized because they are tainted with the original sin.
Not to mention, if you can make a tree grow with all knowledge, isn't it crappy programming not to give the consumers a guide how to use their upgrade? Instead of a fruit that makes you think in the extremes, why not make a nice fruit that gives you the ability to reason and think in grey tones? Tongue

well i think that religion teaches us that knowledge is bad for this two reasons:
1. if everyone would be stupid there would not be any wars

2. if everyone would be stupid we would blindly do what our masters would told us to do (a perfect weapon for governments)

(February 9, 2013 at 10:33 am)Phish Wrote: well i think that religion teaches us that knowledge is bad for this two reasons:

And here I thought it was vice versa Big Grin

Quote:2. if everyone would be stupid we would blindly do what our masters would told us to do (a perfect weapon for governments)

Oh yes, people who don't criticize or scrutinize are so much more easily taken control over (though I don't agree that all governments try to ass fuck their people Tongue).

(February 9, 2013 at 10:38 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(February 9, 2013 at 10:33 am)Phish Wrote: well i think that religion teaches us that knowledge is bad for this two reasons:

And here I thought it was vice versa Big Grin

Quote:2. if everyone would be stupid we would blindly do what our masters would told us to do (a perfect weapon for governments)

Oh yes, people who don't criticize or scrutinize are so much more easily taken control over (though I don't agree that all governments try to ass fuck their people Tongue).

1. nah because you need to be educated to
know when to hit your enemy
where to hit your enemy
are you going to use a stick or not to hit your enemy,....

2.Well the governments number one priority is to use idiots to achieve their own goals (USA,Islamic/musli countries,north korea,china,...the list goes on and on)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile phone in pocket causes lower sperm count ignoramus 47 5611 November 30, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  bacon causes cancer! WHO! ignoramus 65 14364 November 2, 2015 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality pop_punks_not_dead 45 12459 February 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1345 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  HNS Gone By Multiple Causes...if "Gone" is even the right word. Minimalist 0 856 February 9, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist