Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing, Writers, and Scribbles.
Writing, Writers, and Scribbles.
I have a book inside me! it's taken the better part of seven years to get it down on paper, but I'm still chugging along. Editing, adding alternate story lines, developing my characters, I still have a long way to go!

Any other writers or wanna-be writers here? I could form us a little group where we could discuss the art of the letter and our lack of faith.
RE: Writing, Writers, and Scribbles.
(December 22, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Stormcat Wrote: I have a book inside me![...]

OK, you should probably see a doctor - like - immediately. Don't waste time making up convoluted explanations of how the book got in there - doctors have seen this before and will know what you were doing... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 23, 2015 at 6:23 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(December 22, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Stormcat Wrote: I have a book inside me![...]

OK, you should probably see a doctor - like - immediately. Don't waste time making up convoluted explanations of how the book got in there - doctors have seen this before and will know what you were doing... Tongue

Remember, the best ones come out at the radiology department xmas party.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 22, 2015 at 11:16 pm)Stormcat Wrote: I have a book inside me! it's taken the better part of seven years to get it down on paper, but I'm still chugging along. Editing, adding alternate story lines, developing my characters, I still have a long way to go!

Any other writers or wanna-be writers here? I could form us a little group where we could discuss the art of the letter and our lack of faith.

Almost 25 years worth of poetry in my signature. Over 700 poems, not all of them stellar, but read enough you will get to some you like. That was easy compared to what you are attempting. Good luck.
There are several aspiring and published writers in this community, and we have in the past tried to get a writers group subforum established.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah, what happened to that? Last I'd heard the mods were blaming lazy administrators.

I once considered becoming a writer, then I remembered how much I like living indoors.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Occasionally I might scribble. But nothing of any real quality. They say that everyone has at least one book inside them. I can't stay focused long enough anymore.
"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."

Ursula K. Le Guin
I used to be an aspiring writer. I used to write short stories and poems. I stopped doing it a long time ago, and I kind of regret it. I liked doing it a lot, and I even published some of it on another forum. But it was in my native language and I was quite young, 12-15 maybe, still, people seemed to like them. Some I didn't get any reactions for, but those were mainly intended as a part of something bigger, so they weren't as complete as my other ones.

I think reading good literature is immensely important. For example, after I finished The Catcher In The Rye in one go and tried writing a story afterwards I noticed it my writing improved immensely. But I deleted that one, strangely enough. I did that with all of my best work, with the exception of one poem.
A while ago, for reasons unknown to me I wrote a comedy sketch, the first real bit of writing I've done in years. At the risk of sounding arrogant, it's actually quite functional, considering I hadn't tried my hand at comedy before.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any writers here (or readers, especially of Fantasy or Magic Realism)? Jillybean 27 851 March 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  My writing Foxaèr 5 562 August 23, 2018 at 4:56 am
Last Post: Azu
  Finished writing my novel Foxaèr 7 595 February 13, 2018 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I don't know why I care what you think of my writing. Foxaèr 2 808 June 4, 2016 at 8:12 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Something new I'm writing. Foxaèr 2 707 May 31, 2016 at 4:05 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My writing Foxaèr 10 1199 May 30, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: carusmm
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1093 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Poets and Writers Submit Your Work for Publication in this Elegant Journal Rhondazvous 0 650 November 9, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Aspiring and experienced Writers' discussion thread Alex K 71 9427 September 29, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K