Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Dead Girls Court Case
Brain Dead Girls Court Case
This child suffered cardiac arrest and subsequent brain death following complications from surgery in 2013. She has been kept alive since that time with medical support. A death certificate was signed shortly after determining that she was brain dead. Brain death has been verified by experts. The family wants the death certificate overturned by federal court so that she may be kept alive.

Read the story. What do you think? Should she be kept alive at the families request or not?

http://abc7.com/news/norcal-mom-continue...g/1135661/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Brain Dead Girls Court Case
Sad story. I feel for the parents, but think their request is unreasonable. The bit where she desires her child be treated like any other disabled child is particularly bizarre.
Quote:She has been kept alive since that time with medical support.

Incorrect.  She has been kept dead.

The family is in serious denial.

Quote:Dolan says insurance companies are paying for Jahi's nursing care and around-the-clock treatment with a ventilator in New Jersey,

Again, incorrect.  The rate payers are paying.
(December 25, 2015 at 9:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Again, incorrect.  The rate payers are paying.
I'd bet the insurance companies get subsidies or tax breaks for cases like this, too.
(December 25, 2015 at 8:39 pm)Cato Wrote: Sad story. I feel for the parents, but think their request is unreasonable. The bit where she desires her child be treated like any other disabled child is particularly bizarre.

ikr?

My shoe should be treated like any other disabled child, as well.  They have the exact same experience of life.
If that's what they want, that's what should be given. There isn't any reason to not give it to them is there?
Other than the fact that she is already dead?  No.

But that is enough.
It's the family's decision, whatever they wanna do. I don't think it's a matter of morality, since I don't think it would be wrong to keep her alive, OR to pull the plug on her in these circumstances.

Also it's impossible to say, as outsiders looking in, how we personally would handle that situation if it was our own child. No judgement over here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 25, 2015 at 8:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: This child suffered cardiac arrest and subsequent brain death following complications from surgery in 2013. She has been kept alive since that time with medical support. A death certificate was signed shortly after determining that she was brain dead. Brain death has been verified by experts. The family wants the death certificate overturned by federal court so that she may be kept alive.

Read the story. What do you think? Should she be kept alive at the families request or not?

http://abc7.com/news/norcal-mom-continue...g/1135661/
Only if they pay all charges in full.
(December 26, 2015 at 1:27 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: It's the family's decision, whatever they wanna do. I don't think it's a matter of morality, since I don't think it would be wrong to keep her alive, OR to pull the plug on her in these circumstances.

Also it's impossible to say, as outsiders looking in, how we personally would handle that situation if it was our own child. No judgement over here.

It's not like the kid is going to make any kind of recovery.  She should have been terminated a long time ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 382 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17842 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2260 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 446 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1640 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 764 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1475 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1527 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2083 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Fed Court, "hand over 8yrs of your finances" Brian37 15 1018 May 22, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4