Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another problem with 'Murica
Just another problem with 'Murica
Money, it is all about the money one can make for the individuals who profit from, I dare state it, slave labor.

Honestly, 'Murica has become so greedy that employees are hardly paid anything in order for lazy country club bitches to live in leisure.

How does anyone in the sad excuse of a country allow this kind of abuse to continue without doing something about it?

People make the change, there can be no doubt of that, but I honestly believe people are too fearful of making that leap toward change, because sadly just scraping by from paycheck to paycheck keeps them in the comfortable employ of a never changing economy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Just another problem with 'Murica
What precisely would you suggest?
Honestly, I am not so much of an idea person as much as I am one to notice the problems and realizes that something needs to be done.
~ Erin Hunter
Ah, so it's a rant. Carry on.
By all means, continue as though my original thread possessed no substance and that you should perpetuate the ignorance of this country further with nothing of substance to contribute on your part.
~ Erin Hunter
Hey, I don't have a solution, you don't have a solution.

I fail to see how you hold any high ground here.
Quote: People make the change

I think that's where you went off the rails.  Until then, you were doing fine.

Have you ever heard the phrase "government of the people, by the people and for the people?"

Yes?

It was bullshit when Lincoln said it.
Here is a idea national fuck you corporations month everyone says fuck you to their jobs and chills the fuck out for a good solid month doing exactly nothing. People especially CEO's wouldn't like it their businesses would loose out on so much money it wouldn't be funny at all. The loss of profits would
be enough to gather a lot of peoples attention. The thing is we hold a lot of power over large businesses so does the employees all it takes for everyone to be like fuck you were done then some compromises would need to be made.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
''Fuck you, we're done,'' wouldn't matter to some big corporations, honestly. They'd just find people to work for less money than the people who threatened them.

Greed is not just an American problem, it's a worldwide one. How to solve greed...tis a mystery.
The poor in America are better off than most people in the world. Most people own cars in this country, most people in the world do not. I know that people will probably say something stupid about Somalia in response but honestly, it's not a comparison with some fringe countries, it's a comparison to how things are in most of the world. The world.

The standard of living in America is very good, some countries are better but those countries have other problems as well and honestly I'd much rather live here. It's ironic that you decry the culture of money here (I agree that it's a problem) and then go on to say that 'poor' people in America would be better off if they just had a little more money. That's very idea that prevents people from being happy. People are happier in Latin America then in the US, and yet they have less money. But they have better senses of community and family and fun and sex and dancing then we have. Those are the real values that make people happy, not more money.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2833 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2137 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity