Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Christians Stole Most of Their Traditions from the Pagans
The Christians Stole Most of Their Traditions from the Pagans
I don't know if you know, but the Christians stole just about everything from the Pagans.

1. Saturnalia. Saturnalia is a Pagan holiday that starts on December 17 and ends on December 25. The Christians decided they were going to make Christmas on that day, hopefully to get converts. And since Jesus' birthday isn't even in December...

2. Birthday's. Early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays. That was a Pagan thing.

3. Christmas things. What does a pine tree sitting in your living room have to do with Jesus? Nothing. The Christians stole that idea from the Pagans. They also stole the idea of candles in the window, putting decorations on the tree, and giving presents. (Though Santa Claus isn't a Pagan thing, the Christians stole that, too).

4. Easter things. At the beginning of spring, the Pagans would celebrate life buy coloring eggs, because eggs meant the start of a new life and a new season. And bunnies were just cute. And the Christians stole this, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tdiOwy-DLw
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
RE: The Christians Stole Most of Their Traditions from the Pagans
This is not news in this neck of the woods.

It was a technique used to great success throughout the christan churhes history.

It continued into the conquest of the americas with a lot of aztec/inca traditions being absorbed into catholic life there.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0..._80902323/

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 2, 2010 at 2:44 pm)chasm Wrote: I don't know if you know, but the Christians stole just about everything from the Pagans.

1. Saturnalia. Saturnalia is a Pagan holiday that starts on December 17 and ends on December 25. The Christians decided they were going to make Christmas on that day, hopefully to get converts. And since Jesus' birthday isn't even in December...

2. Birthday's. Early Christians didn't celebrate birthdays. That was a Pagan thing.

3. Christmas things. What does a pine tree sitting in your living room have to do with Jesus? Nothing. The Christians stole that idea from the Pagans. They also stole the idea of candles in the window, putting decorations on the tree, and giving presents. (Though Santa Claus isn't a Pagan thing, the Christians stole that, too).

4. Easter things. At the beginning of spring, the Pagans would celebrate life buy coloring eggs, because eggs meant the start of a new life and a new season. And bunnies were just cute. And the Christians stole this, too.

I would say borrowed. Smile But seriously, the fact that Christianity took some of the pagan things and "Christianized" them is not really new news, even to Christianity (maybe to some Christians it is new). It is actually one of the reasons why some Christians will not celebrate Christmas or Easter. I know some like that.
(July 2, 2010 at 2:57 pm)rjh4 Wrote: I would say borrowed. Smile But seriously, the fact that Christianity took some of the pagan things and "Christianized" them is not really new news, even to Christianity (maybe to some Christians it is new). It is actually one of the reasons why some Christians will not celebrate Christmas or Easter. I know some like that.

It doesn't have to be "new news" to be discussed.
(July 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm)chasm Wrote:
(July 2, 2010 at 2:57 pm)rjh4 Wrote: I would say borrowed. Smile But seriously, the fact that Christianity took some of the pagan things and "Christianized" them is not really new news, even to Christianity (maybe to some Christians it is new). It is actually one of the reasons why some Christians will not celebrate Christmas or Easter. I know some like that.

It doesn't have to be "new news" to be discussed.

Very true.

These threads usually appear around christmas tme for the obvious reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSm7YPMQOSo

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:I would say borrowed.

"Borrowed" is when you ask someone and have an intention of giving it back.

"Steal" is when you take things without permission and kill anyone who gets in your way.

I wonder which method was more popular with xtian thugs?
(July 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm)chasm Wrote: It doesn't have to be "new news" to be discussed.

True. I was not trying to suppress discussion or anything else. I reread my post, however, and see how it could be interpreted as such. Apologies for that, Chasm.
(July 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

"Steal" is when you take things without permission and kill anyone who gets in your way.

Wow!! You took things like Christians choosing to celebrate the birth of Jesus on 12/25, pine trees, and certain things we do at Easter...and this leads to taking "things without permission and kill anyone who gets in your way". So Christians had to kill someone so they could celebrate Christmas on 12/25? Or somehow Christians needed someone's permission to use pine trees in their celebration? Did the first Christian's to use pine trees to celebrate Christmas steal them from their pagan neighbors? Come on, Min!
looks like deamon with horn is taken from pagans too
picture of pan.
[Image: 578771_f260.jpg]
changing god of shepherds to a satanic bastard its not much of a "borrowing" i guess..
And I was wondering what could had they done to followers of this god?
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
(July 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm)rjh4 Wrote:
(July 2, 2010 at 3:07 pm)chasm Wrote: It doesn't have to be "new news" to be discussed.

True. I was not trying to suppress discussion or anything else. I reread my post, however, and see how it could be interpreted as such. Apologies for that, Chasm.

Wow!! You took things like Christians choosing to celebrate the birth of Jesus on 12/25, pine trees, and certain things we do at Easter...and this leads to taking "things without permission and kill anyone who gets in your way". So Christians had to kill someone so they could celebrate Christmas on 12/25? Or somehow Christians needed someone's permission to use pine trees in their celebration? Did the first Christian's to use pine trees to celebrate Christmas steal them from their pagan neighbors? Come on, Min!

It does. Have Christians already forgotten the Salem witch hunts?
(July 2, 2010 at 5:43 pm)annatar Wrote: looks like deamon with horn is taken from pagans too
picture of pan.
[Image: 578771_f260.jpg]
changing god of shepherds to a satanic bastard its not much of a "borrowing" i guess..
And I was wondering what could had they done to followers of this god?

Good one.
(July 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm)rjh4 Wrote:

It's so much deeper than that.

They used the power of the state to burn the libraries, steal property and kill people into believing jesus bullshit. Surely, even YOU can't believe that people wee moved to become xtians because they believed the fucking story? Even the ancients weren't that stupid.

http://www.visualstatistics.net/045%20Lo...mation.htm

Quote:The alienation of the European people from their native cultures was accelerated during the times of Charlemagne and presaged what happened to the native people of the Americas and their indigenous cultures following the voyages of Columbus. Charlemagne's crusade against 'heathens' took place in the course of his Thirty Years' War (774-804) during which most of the indigenous cultures of Europe disappeared. The violence and atrocities of Charlemagne's Thirty Years' War include the executions of thousands who refused to convert to Christianity and resulted in deaths of about a half and in some regions close to two thirds of the pre-war population. During Charlemagne's Thirty Years' War, people who refused to be converted were executed. These executions took place in recurring waves, reaching its peak in 782 when Charlemagne executed in a single day over 4,000 Saxons who refused to convert to Christianity.

Your religion was advanced by murder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 974 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 57987 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Palm Sunday Traditions Dundee 22 1790 April 17, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1734 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7585 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 876 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9801 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 26281 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4479 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1076 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist