Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assange Arrested.
Assange Arrested.
Well well well, the asshole who helped get the orange turd elected wore out his welcome at the Ecuadorean Embassy. For various reasons, including, stealing wi fi, and not cleaning up after his cat. (EDIT) Ha, I just noticed they had to carry him out, ha ha ha. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/world...bassy.html
RE: Assange Arrested.
He was still a force for good in the World.
Who?

Smile
(April 11, 2019 at 9:07 am)Kit Wrote: Who?

Smile

Assange was a force for good.  He is eccentric, but Wikileaks has helped to make the World a better place.  The fewer secrets there are, the better.
(April 11, 2019 at 9:14 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(April 11, 2019 at 9:07 am)Kit Wrote: Who?

Smile

Assange was a force for good.  He is eccentric, but Wikileaks has helped to make the World a better place.  The fewer secrets there are, the better.

Like Snowden.
Judging by those sympathetic comments, the russians chose their cutout well.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am)Kit Wrote:
(April 11, 2019 at 9:14 am)Jehanne Wrote: Assange was a force for good.  He is eccentric, but Wikileaks has helped to make the World a better place.  The fewer secrets there are, the better.

Like Snowden.

Absolutely.  Excellent comparison!
(April 11, 2019 at 9:05 am)Jehanne Wrote: He was still a force for good in the World.

How? Putin loved it, Trump praised Wikileaks and even dared wikileaks to hurt Hillary.  He on the global stage while running was inviting foreign entities to interfere. 

There is a huge difference between whistle blowing and carpet bombing. And again, the problem with wikileaks, is that it is worldwide, that means anyone friend or foe can cause harm to each other. I see wikileaks doing far more harm to western society than people claim it keeps the west honest. Just like when religions claim "It does good". For whom, when and where?
(April 11, 2019 at 9:25 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Judging by those sympathetic comments, the russians chose their cutout well.  Wink

The US has done the exact same thing; look at our interference in Nicaragua during the 80s.
Two assholes doing asshole shit is just two assholes doing asshole shit. The existence of one asshole doesn't excuse the actions of the other. Of all the things in the world to both-sides about.......

In any case, I was only commenting on the prudence of their decision in choosing a cutout. Probably wouldn't have been as effective if they picked some universally loathed entity. You can only launder your actions by trading on the credibility of a third party if people think that third party has credibility. What do you think, is it possible that this effected your perception?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 661 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6600 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 421 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Kid arrested for not standing for pledge... Brian37 110 8067 February 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Breaking: Prince Walid Bin Talal arrested WinterHold 7 2538 November 16, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Man gets arrested for offending random woman by asking "Are you a mom?" ErGingerbreadMandude 74 24230 June 23, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  NSA contractor arrested Isis 20 5568 June 8, 2017 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  NSA Contractor Arrested for Leaking Classified Documents Foxaèr 3 1026 June 6, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Antifa bike lock attacker arrested John V 71 28473 June 3, 2017 at 5:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  4 Arrested In FB Video Torturing Of A Mentally Challenged Man Napoléon 394 41777 January 28, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok