Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World economy
World economy
So 2016 is turning out to be a very wavy year for markets. I look at the markets every day, and see major ups and downs. All markets seem to be wild, and then we have oil down below $30 recently, which is really hurting a lot of nations that rely on the exports. Canada and the US have been hit pretty hard, and I don't think the low cost of gas is resulting much consumer spending. I'm curious what you all think about the state of the economy of the country you live in, or the world economy. Where do you think we are headed? 

In my opinion I think we are all in trouble. I see a lot of moves away from the petrol dollar with nations abandoning the agreement to sell oil in dollars especially with China and Russia. Has anyone heard of the global currency reset by the IMF?

Really just curious what you all think is happening now and what you expect in the future. Another subject would be cashless society, and whether you would be willing to give up cash?

What do you think about owning gold or silver?
World economy
I would rather own guns and ammo.
RE: World economy
(February 23, 2016 at 11:02 pm)KUSA Wrote: I would rather own guns and ammo.

I'm really curious what people around the world think.

Do you have a bugout bag? I do, just in case in my car. Not that it would help in anything but a short term emergency. Have cash, flashlights, 12 volt winding charging devices to charge cell phones, medical supplies, food water, tools, etc in a backpack to help in case of emergency. Don't consider myself paranoid, just prepared.

Anyone ever heard of John Perkins, the economic hitman? Used to work for organizations like the IMF that would come into nations and demand they accept loans that were not meant to be repaid so they would have to come back to the IMF for help to restructure the loan, which then allowed more terms to be put into place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-a6jzU0YgQ
World economy
(February 23, 2016 at 11:13 pm)scoobysnack Wrote:

Do you have a bugout bag? I do, just in case in my car. Not that it would help in anything but a short term emergency. Have cash, flashlights, 12 volt winding charging devices to charge cell phones, medical supplies, food water, tools, etc in a backpack to help in case of emergency. Don't consider myself paranoid, just prepared.

Anyone ever heard of John Perkins, the economic hitman? Used to work for organizations like the IMF that would come into nations and demand they accept loans that were not meant to be repaid so they would have to come back to the IMF for help to restructure the loan, which then allowed more terms to be put into place.

I am aware of him.

Bug out bag. Nope. I'm staying in my fortress and digging in. I'll have a barrel out each window.
My plan is to be a member of the mob. It's safer that way.
I've already got my madmax car! Press those nukular buttons!

Seriously, why is it that only muricans prep out for a world war/zombie outbreak/alien invasion when the rest of the world doesn't?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, I suppose we'll just have to prepare ourselves to pay for goods and services with a symbolic series of numbers, or MARK of some type.  Demon
I have an emergency kit ... In case of tornadoes, not zombies.

(February 24, 2016 at 12:20 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I have an emergency kit ... In case of tornadoes, not zombies.

Mine's for earthquake. It's water, food, a cook stove, and a tent. I'm really unconcernend about zombies or a cashless economy. If I were worried about a cashless society I'd be buying cigarettes, marijuana , liquor, coffee, and antibiotics.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(February 23, 2016 at 11:13 pm)scoobysnack Wrote:

I've been thinking more and more about buying some things for a bug out bag.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 380 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Economy (US) Foxaèr 11 1308 February 7, 2023 at 5:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How bad is our economy? (US) Foxaèr 28 1406 March 15, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Economy Class Economy ignoramus 41 2777 April 6, 2020 at 7:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Your country's economy in a nutshell ignoramus 28 2164 July 21, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2266 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 357 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6844 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  TCJA: Apple repatriating cash and pumping it into US economy John V 36 4248 January 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Technological advances and the future of the economy TaraJo 3 1781 September 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen