Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your country's economy in a nutshell
Your country's economy in a nutshell
Au (2 more interest rate cuts in 2 months. Now 1%. one or 2 more expected by the end of the year).
Our economy is practically dead.

Australia is now only good at:

making coffee
exporting iron ore and coal
heaps of 2 dollar shops

Describe yours.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Your country's economy in one line.
Glorified serfdom cloaked in patriotism.
Illegitimi non carborundum
RE: Your country's economy in a nutshell
Economic conservatism and nationalism has been spreading across not just, America, but Europe and Australia.
We are great at multiplying our own ills and blame the rest of the world for our accomplishments. We are confident our ills would feel less like ills if only we can convince ourselves the world hates us out of jealousy.
Familiar story:  Housing prices are out of control, most private wealth is concentrated at the top (and getting worse), increases in poverty as a percentage of population, and an infrastructure that is - to be generous - mediocre.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Oyster
tell us more ... don't clam up!

(we're doing good guys. We went 4 posts before it went silly! Hehe)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Education is shit, almost no investment in R&D. - future economy basically dead.
Present - everything is spinning around fucking agriculture, it's like everyone wants to sell potatoes and buy planes. Not to mention the present outrageous inefficiency that Romanian agriculture has.

So, I guess everything is nice and smooth.
Broken peanut.
Dying to live, living to die.
Booming according to the Tories.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 379 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Economy (US) Foxaèr 11 1307 February 7, 2023 at 5:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How bad is our economy? (US) Foxaèr 28 1404 March 15, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump threaten to flee the country Anomalocaris 40 2985 October 21, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  [Serious] Economy Class Economy ignoramus 41 2777 April 6, 2020 at 7:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2260 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  World economy at risk of another crash downbeatplumb 2 355 October 5, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6825 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Way to go Country Music. Brian37 0 425 March 5, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Brian37
  TCJA: Apple repatriating cash and pumping it into US economy John V 36 4248 January 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79