Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Marching Bandgeek
Ask a Marching Bandgeek
Ask me anything.... I don't even care if it's related to marching band or not.
FSM Grin Whoa so apparently a FSM emoji exists... FSM Grin
RE: Ask a Marching Bandgeek
Did you ever do this?

Ah hmm marching band is cool!

What instrument do you play?

I played a baritone horn in high school symphonic band; in marching band I was primarily valve trombone but occasionally dabbled in slide. Are you in HS, college, or some other band?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
A local Menards I shop at is near a high school with a large marching band program. Several times when I've been in the parking lot I have heard them practice, and even during a mundane shopping trip to the lumber yard, that characteristic marching band sound lends quite a distinctive touch and sense of occasion !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'll bet it'd be tough to play cello in a marching band...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 19, 2016 at 11:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'll bet it'd be tough to play cello in a marching band...

Boru

Not as hard as the double bass.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(March 19, 2016 at 11:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'll bet it'd be tough to play cello in a marching band...

Boru

Indeed.

What's your favourite song?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
How often have you played the Star Wars cantina song at competitions? Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 19, 2016 at 9:50 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: Ah hmm marching band is cool!

What instrument do you play?

I played a baritone horn in high school symphonic band; in marching band I was primarily valve trombone but occasionally dabbled in slide. Are you in HS, college, or some other band?

This is awesome
My daughter is in her third year playing the baritone in school. Before that it was three years of violin.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.