Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent bombing and more BS... OP/ED
Recent bombing and more BS... OP/ED
I am really getting tired of BOTH Muslims and Christians, and Jews for that matter, taking events like this to sell more fear.

Those in the west, especially Christians and Jews say "SEE SEE SEE"...... 

Muslims say "Well if you would just leave us alone"......

Nobody is getting this, and I am really getting tired of all three missing the fucking point.

When people point to events like this and say "It is religiously justified violence" I FUCKING AGREE! Nobody is or should ignore that. OK, so please knock it off!

Most certainly the Quran/Koran Hadiths, contain words and ideas that justify religiously based violence. I FUCKING AGREE!

But no, sorry, that does not justify fearing everyone because of other dicks. 

Nor does that justify ignoring the religiously justified tribalism of Christianity and Jews. These assholes also forget that their books contain words that ALSO justify tribalism.  The west is not squeaky clean in all this. I am tired of that bullshit being ignored.

Humans are not born with a religious tramp stamp on their asses. ADULTS teach that fear of the other. 

I only agree that compared to the west, the east is far worse off as far as too much religion infecting politics. That does not excuse using fear ourselves. RELIGION, ALL THREE, the stupid fucking idea that on a planet of 7 billion there is such a thing as a "chosen people".

Fear sells. Islam sells it of the west, but we also sell it of the East. NO MORE. If any one religion were a cure, and all three claim to be peaceful, then why has there never been peace? Because you cannot have that based on social pecking orders and all three have their claims of " I am more special than you", and at best will tolerate the other as a pet or house guest.

NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY, not Muslims not Jews not Christians, nobody is going anywhere. But more fear is not going to solve shit. I will not play into that crap. Far too many humans still need to learn the difference between bad ideas that lead to justifications for violence. But to say there are no justifications in Christianity or Jewish, for harming others, is still flat out absurd.

The only difference between the west and east is that religion is more civil because of common law. 

Fear does not solve anything. Fear only produces more fear and that produces the perpetuation of more human divisions. I only fear bad ideas and only fear humans who refuse to see others as individuals. I will never fear ANY human who rejects violence, and accepts we are the same species.

I'm sorry Christians and Jews and Muslims, but there was NO religion 200,000 years ago. But the west is just as responsible in all this because they refuse to see that WE ARE better off because of common law, but stupidly we allow our own religious bigotry forgetting that common law is what makes us civil, not religion itself.

FUCK FEAR! FUCK BIGOTRY! Fuck the idea of a "chosen people". All 7 billion of us are STILL the same species.

Nobody is getting off this planet. OK, so learn to attack the idea, the words, and not the individual. I refuse to assume guilt because of other dicks. 

1. Muslims, STOP MURDERING PEOPLE!

2. Jews, STOP MURDERING PEOPLE!

3. Christians, STOP MURDERING PEOPLE!

You all fucking do it, and you all claim it is justified. You think you are different, but you are not. The only difference is the west has had a longer secular leash. 

Christian Tea party bigotry, is just as religious based. Jews starting fights to justify expansion, is just as religious based. There is no difference other than we water down our bullshit and hide behind our bullshit. If we want MORE worldwide peace, then selling the same bullshit fear to combat their fear, is not a solution!

Political Islam IS at war with the world. But that DOES NOT negate that the stupid idea of a "chosen people" is the root cause that keeps all three divided.
RE: Recent bombing and more BS... OP/ED
Eh, I don't think this is the time to excoriate Christianity or Judaism. Today was all about Islam. When Muslims do some attack, our outrage should be directed at them. It's otherwise an attempt to obscure their role. The problem is Islam.
The problem is 'god."  Or rather the primitive belief in one.
(March 22, 2016 at 11:16 am)Amine Wrote: Eh, I don't think this is the time to excoriate Christianity or Judaism. Today was all about Islam. When Muslims do some attack, our outrage should be directed at them. It's otherwise an attempt to obscure their role. The problem is Islam.

Way to miss the point. The only difference between the east and west is common secular law. The underpinnings of religion still add to the divisions between the three. I am tired of the "The west isn't a theocracy" as a dodge as to why these divisions fester. Nobody is in denial, or should be in denial that the east is far worse off. But if you think assholes like Pat Robertson or Trump or the GOP don't fan the flames, you are missing the point.

RELIGION is the root cause. The idea of a "Chosen people" are why the three cant get along. It isn't enough to blame Islam. It is the biggest problem, but not the only problem. I don't think Christians or Jews should get a pass either.
(March 22, 2016 at 11:24 am)Minimalist Wrote: The problem is 'god."  Or rather the primitive belief in one.

BINGO, and all three think they have the right one, and this is the source of centuries of bullshit.
(March 22, 2016 at 11:16 am)Amine Wrote: Eh, I don't think this is the time to excoriate Christianity or Judaism. Today was all about Islam. When Muslims do some attack, our outrage should be directed at them. It's otherwise an attempt to obscure their role. The problem is Islam.

Why do people think that we can go into other countries and bomb and kill them at will and destroy everything without suffering any consequences?  If we are in a war then everyone is a fighter and a target.  No one is innocent.  If people want peace then they have to stop fighting each other and learn how to mind their own business, which is not screwing with other people.  It doesn't matter if it's a case of road rage, domestic violence, a neighbor feud, or international relations.  The basic rule:  don't be an asshole.

Dying to live, living to die.
And the GOP and Mein Drumpf are selling this shit. Too fucking stupid to see that Isis has simply improved on Bin Laden's tactic. Piss us off, draw us into a quagmire, like Nam, waste money, ruin our economy. The GOP is in the pocket of the weapons industry and war is profitable. So this is the same trickle up economics. IE Dick Cheney.
(March 22, 2016 at 7:15 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:

Why do people think that we can go into other countries and bomb and kill them at will and destroy everything without suffering any consequences?  If we are in a war then everyone is a fighter and a target.  No one is innocent.  If people want peace then they have to stop fighting each other and learn how to mind their own business, which is not screwing with other people.  It doesn't matter if it's a case of road rage, domestic violence, a neighbor feud, or international relations.  The basic rule:  don't be an asshole.

No no no no no. I hate our right and our war mongering, but that is not to say "mind our own business". Nope sorry, while war is not an option, or at least it should be a last resort, that is absolute nonsense to say "mind your own business". The middle east is full of theocracy and those who pick up the Quran and Hadiths to justify harm to others, and like like the bible and OT contain justifications for being dicks to your fellow human beings. 

As long as ANY religion has people in power and control over weapons, only a fool would ignore that. I am no war monger at all. But no, this is the only planet I have and considering Muslims and Jews and Christians hold positions of power and control weapons, no I will not mind my own business.
You know who I really feel sorry for right now in this Brussels bombing? The poor taxi driver who gave those sickos the ride to the airport. You gotta feel for that guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why so much recent transphobic legislation? FrustratedFool 15 830 August 15, 2023 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Possible Islamic suicide bombing prevented. paulpablo 23 8949 June 23, 2017 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  Turkey and Russia bombing together abaris 0 749 January 18, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Suspect Named In New York Bombing A Theist 31 4114 September 19, 2016 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Iraq - massive bombing Regina 14 3885 July 3, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Doesn't that make headlines in America? Hospital bombing in Kunduz abaris 43 5468 November 25, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bombing in Thailand Fidel_Castronaut 6 1687 August 27, 2015 at 12:53 am
Last Post: mralstoner