Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark getting it right.
Denmark getting it right.
1000s in Denmark leave the church.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/th.../83609.htm
RE: Denmark getting it right.
godt gået Danmark

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world...

[Image: tyt5zfq.jpg]
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
That's all well and good,

-however-

only defections from the One True Church should really matter to us, everybody else is really on our side if you think about it . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Tongue Tongue Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 10, 2016 at 7:31 am)Brian37 Wrote: 1000s in Denmark leave the church.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/th.../83609.htm

There is nothing you can name / that is anything like a Dane... [Image: music_note_tattoo.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Holy shit...you said the "D" word.
Reminds me of Spinal Tap;

Marty: The last time Tap toured America, they where, uh, booked into 10,000 seat arenas, and 15,000 seat venues, and it seems that now, on their current tour they're being booked into 1,200 seat arenas, 1,500 seat arenas, and uh I was just wondering, does this mean uh...the popularity of the group is waning?

Ian: Oh, no,...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think that the.. uh.. their appeal is becoming more selective
I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty. I must not be nasty.
Go Denmark! Good job.

Now they can finally join the correct religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It's the same with every western european country. I can't lay my finger on it, but my very own, unsupported theory is, that the establishment of state religions ultimately led to people leaving the churches. People came to associate the church with the state. The very churches that were in support of two world wars. On either side the same god, but only one side could win.

In the USA, every wayward preacher feeling like it could found his very own church and sell his very own brand of snake oil there. I guess that's why religion hasn't experienced the same kind of downwards trend there. Now it does, with the arrival of a younger generation and new media. But not to the same extent as in most European countries. I guess, and I stress again, that's only my personal observation, if there had been a state religion established in the USA, things would be looking differently.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 10, 2016 at 7:42 am)FebruaryOfReason Wrote: godt gået Danmark

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world...

A simplistic but not unreasonable annotation:

[Image: 7eNIaPD.jpg]
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shatner getting a divorce from 4th wife Fake Messiah 21 929 December 17, 2019 at 3:36 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 240 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Xtians are getting their feathers ruffled by Orville Cyberman 31 3211 October 29, 2017 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Javaman
  Mueller's Getting Serious Minimalist 38 6831 August 6, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2175 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  Trump may be getting bored with the job already Amarok 18 4461 April 2, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  So Now This Is Getting Interesting. Minimalist 57 8173 December 17, 2016 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Cato
  Blair is finally getting some flak abaris 3 665 July 6, 2016 at 7:56 pm
  Oklahoma keeps getting it wrong. brewer 13 2090 April 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
  Corporate world getting really absurd....... Brian37 0 590 April 16, 2016 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37