Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe.....
If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe.....
.......wouldn't the last thing this 'being' would want from it's inhabitants is to be so arrogant that they would assume what it is and what its motivations are?

Just a random thought.....
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]
RE: If a supernatural intelligence did create the universe.....
You'd think so.

If I was this being, I'd be insulted at the portrayals people have come up with.

I tell you what, if I wanted to communicate with them, I'd just fucking do it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Oh....but Rob...he's done it a few times, to a few select individuals....all in the middle East.
Oh yeah! How could I forget.

I can't think of a better way to communicate than getting people to write down some complete drivel and then hiding forever.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
You know, in the good old days of the old testament, it was much clearer what Yahweh-San wanted. He'd go and say "you there, yes, you with the blue shirt - go there and do this and that or I'll fuck you up", or he'd go and say, hey, you, city, you're sinful, stop with the ass buggering, and then they don't, and he kills them all. I mean, it wasn't very nice, but he made relatively clear what he wanted and what the priorities are. But today? He's not really talking to us, so all we can do is guess...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Now we have to listen to millions of theists all telling us different messages.

And that's just from one religion.

Index of my best videos
(April 20, 2016 at 3:40 am)robvalue Wrote: Oh yeah! How could I forget.

I can't think of a better way to communicate than getting people to write down some complete drivel and then hiding forever.

I pity your imagination Rob....
I can think of a ton of ways far more reliable and trustworthy and believable to communicate with people. Cool
Maybe god started playing hide-and-seek with us and we forgot?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It's like this guys.

God does not speak to people individually! Please! Are theists that narcissistic that they actually believe the greatest entity in the universe is having a one on one with them?
This is so laughable, it is very sad indeed.

You see, God broadcasts his messages like a radio station. The catch is that his messages are encrypted, and only when humans reach a certain level of intelligence, will we be able to decipher the code.

Until then, the gibberish is massaged until it spells exactly what the host just happened to want or need?
Don't like gays? No probs... "shfrisuehf xakld ajfm soerjfss lkjemflske" means all gays are evil vermin! Hey. They are God's words, don't shoot the messenger!

Theists, stop hiding your prejudices behind the bible. The game is up.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Why does god only message the crazy people?
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek philosophers always knew about the causeless universe Interaktive 10 1300 September 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A timeless being cannot create mcc1789 125 11638 August 29, 2019 at 1:01 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1860 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Testing a Hypothesis about the Supernatural Bahana 103 16307 June 18, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: SteveII
  My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) Dan Brooks 180 25907 January 8, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11388 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Supernatural isn't a useful concept Rhizomorph13 85 11559 November 12, 2016 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Is It Possible for Humanity to Create a Peaceful World with Religion in it? Kernel Sohcahtoa 64 8370 November 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What God is to the Universe is what your mind is to your body fdesilva 172 18964 August 23, 2016 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's play with the concept of 'Supernatural' ErGingerbreadMandude 13 2107 March 22, 2016 at 4:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4