Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why atheism
Why atheism
Atheism is the default stance we are born with technically as newborns we don't have mental capability to understand the notion of god. 
That being said why Atheism it is simple the stance one takes and is one of logic, reason and understanding.  A side in which 
requires physical evidence and not faith. For one reason or another this stance scares those of faith seeing that people moral and good people
mind you living a good life without their imaginary friend. One wonders is their morality that different between a atheist and a theist yes it really is
a religious morality based of fear violence and reward of course its flawed. Being good is doing whats good without reward so again why atheism. 
It simple is the default position that being said one can be swayed either way when it comes to god if there is evidence that is testable but even then 
said evidence for god(s) is null.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Why atheism
Quote:That being said why Atheism it is simple the stance one takes and is one of logic, reason and understanding.  A side in which 
requires physical evidence and not faith. For one reason or another this stance scares those of faith seeing that people moral and good people
mind you living a good life without their imaginary friend.

I am what most considers atheist and i rely more on faith and instinct more so than physical evidence. I have neither real nor imaginary friends and i'm still living a pretty good life. 

Quote:For one reason or another this stance scares those of faith seeing that people moral and good people

mind you living a good life without their imaginary friend.

Many only for a very few. Most of those who believe in God don't mind nor care that i don't.
(May 18, 2016 at 7:44 pm)energizer bunny Wrote: I am what most considers atheist and i rely more on faith and instinct more so than physical evidence. I have neither real nor imaginary friends and i'm still living a pretty good life. 
More than one road leading into town, eh?  

Quote:Many only for a very few. Most of those who believe in God don't mind nor care that i don't.

Which, depending on their version of god, might be disturbing (they don't care if you burn for eternity?) - but.....I've had a similar experience.  Most believers who know I'm not, don't care.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm)dyresand Wrote: That being said why Atheism it is simple the stance one takes and is one of logic, reason and understanding.  

Two can play that game: Atheism is simply the stance one takes and is one that undermines reason and denys intelligible reality. Tongue
It's just one item in an extremely long list of magical things I don't believe in, because they have no basis in observable reality.

We just don't bother having words for not believing in the other things. It's amazing to me we need a word for this.

It's actually a more far fetched idea than most of the other things on the list, regarding the story book gods. Dragons, ghosts and magic crystals require less assumptions.

A generic creator however is a legitimate possibility to me, but very few theists are prepared to stop at that point; hence no answers on my "can a slug be god" thread. We wouldn't want to actually define what a god is, now would we?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Why atheism? Why a duck?

My atheism comes from the same place as the filter which prevents me from buying magic beans, solar freakin roadways and sweets from strangers. Basically a rational and automatic application of critical thinking.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That's right. I couldn't be anything else at the moment if I wanted to.

If people could (a) tell me what a god is and (b) provide some evidence it was real, I'd say "Oh", and go back to my day, now as a theist. I'd keep up with any developments on any information that has been gathered, as I would with any new phenomena.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4674 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5854 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25612 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8462 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26869 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why Anarcho-Capitalism Is a Canard and Its Implications for Atheism log 110 12225 January 19, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11698 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why atheism cannot escape absolute truth Delicate 154 25423 November 5, 2015 at 9:59 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why atheism? JBrentonK 208 28504 October 14, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 11999 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA