Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoned to death
Stoned to death
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul...th-stoning

When I hear of these things I can't help but question what century we are in. Going to the middle east is like going back to the dark age. Brutal, sick, sadistic, barbaric, stupid, injustice, violent, unintelligent, irrational, religion dominated, ect ect. All this can be found in the middle east, despite most of the world living in the early 21st century.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: Stoned to death
Iran is clearly locked in the twelfth and we have a lot of nutty xtians who think they have the right idea.
I read about this, even subscribed to an online petition. Looks like its pretty unavoidable. Poor woman.

The religion of peace indeed >.<
Its amazing how progression slows in certain areas of the world. And lack of rational thought.
(July 31, 2010 at 3:42 pm)Spencer Wrote: Its amazing how progression slows in certain areas of the world. And lack of rational thought.

Most of the times its the denial of our humanity, were reason outweights irrational thought.
I thought you might like to read this. It is an article I published about Biblical Literalism. Check out my others as well! Thanks!
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-49428...ristianity
I found this bit interesting.....
Quote:Under Iranian sharia law, the sentenced individual is buried up to the neck (or to the waist in the case of men), and those attending the public execution are called upon to throw stones. If the convicted person manages to free themselves from the hole, the death sentence is commuted.

So if you are a woman you're buried up to the neck and if you're a man you are only buried up to the waist.

I wonder how much easier it is to extricate yourself from the hole if you are a manThinking

And I'll bet that only men are allowed to attend executions.

Yet another example of the misogyny that is Islam.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:And I'll bet that only men are allowed to attend executions.

[Image: lev24.jpg]

The basis of a very funny scene in Life of Brian.
Iran is merely embarrassed over the attention given.

They will try to wait out this fiasco before killing her, or perhaps arrange for her "disappearance" in the night.

Hopefully the furor and scrutiny given over this will compel them to send her out of country. She cannot remain in there, as the very act of letting her live places the judicial loophole that the monstrous judge sentenced her with (allows for making decisions based purely on their intuition).

The basis of a very funny scene in Life of Brian.
I must find one of those beards.