Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refuting Christians with their Own Bible
Refuting Christians with their Own Bible
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...so-can-we/

I just love that when they quote Bible passages, they are all so righteous. When we quote the bullshit parts of the Bible to them, they call us dickheads.

Christians LOVE to Cherry Pick the Bible
"I am against religion because it teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world" - Richard Dawkins

BIBLE - Blatant Intellectually Bankrupt Lies and Evil

RE: Refuting Christians with their Own Bible
Indeed, and Timothy informs us those scripture cherry picking 'christians' are wrong.

ALL Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching.

It's in the BIBLE !!!

Scripture cherry picking = you're not doing it right
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 28, 2016 at 7:02 am)Incognito Wrote: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...so-can-we/

I just love that when they quote Bible passages, they are all so righteous. When we quote the bullshit parts of the Bible to them, they call us dickheads.

I hear all the time that Christians like to cherry pick the Bible and therefore...what?

What does that charge actually mean? That the Bible is not true? Are difficult passages evidence of something? If so what?

I agree there are many difficult passages to our modern sensibilities. But you seem to be saying that when a Christian quotes the Bible they should...what? quote OT passages rape laws just as often?...I don't know what you expect?
I've given up on quoting the bible to x-tians.
For some reason I always seem to come out of it looking like some know-it-all arsehole who enjoys smashing people's dreams.
(June 28, 2016 at 8:26 am)SteveII Wrote:
(June 28, 2016 at 7:02 am)Incognito Wrote: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...so-can-we/

I hear all the time that Christians like to cherry pick the Bible and therefore...what?

What does that charge actually mean? That the Bible is not true? Are difficult passages evidence of something? If so what?

I agree there are many difficult passages to our modern sensibilities. But you seem to be saying that when a Christian quotes the Bible they should...what? quote OT passages rape laws just as often?...I don't know what you expect?

If the Bible is entirely true, what is the biblical justification for ignoring the parts YOU don't like ??

And if you're really imbued and overfilling with His spirit, why the resistance and defensiveness in regards to not embracing the totality of Holy Scripture ??

If you know better than God as to what is and isn't relevant in the Bible, what do we need God for, we can just follow you??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 28, 2016 at 9:55 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
(June 28, 2016 at 8:26 am)SteveII Wrote: I hear all the time that Christians like to cherry pick the Bible and therefore...what?

If the Bible is entirely true, what is the biblical justification for ignoring the parts YOU don't like ??

And if you're really imbued and overfilling with His spirit, why the resistance and defensiveness in regards to not embracing the totality of Holy Scripture ??

If you know better than God as to what is and is relevant in the Bible, what do we need God for, we can just follow you??

First, who's ignoring what? I didn't say anything remotely close to ignore. Second, who is defensive? Are you imagining another conversation??

That's nothing compared to what I call them.
(June 28, 2016 at 9:22 am)Little lunch Wrote: I've given up on quoting the bible to x-tians.
For some reason I always seem to come out of it looking like some know-it-all arsehole who enjoys smashing people's dreams.

I'm curious. Why "x-tians" instead "Christians"?
To annoy xtians.
(June 28, 2016 at 8:26 am)SteveII Wrote:

Wearing mixed fabrics 

Eating the abominations of the sea (Sea food)

hair cuts 

bashing babies over the rocks

killing children who are out of line 

etc. There are many more parts of the bible that are simply ignored and are thrown out.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 421 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1685 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4231 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1425 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 11630 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1916 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
Wink Refuting Theistic Argument Ricardo 40 3016 October 7, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4325 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2693 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9505 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer