Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food discoveries.
Food discoveries.
I made a ham and banana toasted sandwich the other day and it was delicious.
What food discoveries have you made recently?
It can be good or bad. :-)
RE: Food discoveries.
Just as an advisory to new people here I will reiterate a culinary disaster of my own making:

the mushroom smoothie

Don't go there people, it's not worth it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Only the most orgasmic food combination in, like, the history of forever:

A hallowed out brandywine tomato (it must be this kind)
Soft spread Gruyere` cheese
Bacon
Avocado

Put the cheese, bacon and avocado in the tomato. Eat. Fall in love with food. Repeat.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Avocado is good in almost anything, especially a smoothie/milkshake/ice depending on where you are from.
If water rots the soles of your boots, what does it do to your intestines?
I like hummus has a sauce for spaghetti.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
OMG I read that as "I like humans"

I really should put my glasses on.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Laughing Cow cheese and honey crisp apples on a bacon and crunchy fried onion sandwich! The world is a happy place
(July 12, 2016 at 11:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote: [...]Soft spread Gruyere` cheese[...]

Uhm... What the hell is that? Gruyere is a hard cheese. Is it an American thing? Does it by any chance come in an aerosol spray can? Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I haven't really discovered anything weird. I'm quite a plain eater.
(July 12, 2016 at 11:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Only the most orgasmic food combination in, like, the history of forever:

A hallowed out brandywine tomato (it must be this kind)
Soft spread Gruyere` cheese
Bacon
Avocado

Put the cheese, bacon and avocado in the tomato. Eat. Fall in love with food. Repeat.

You lost me at "avocado".
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 856 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1193 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1059 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  "Institution" and food shows. Brian37 17 1074 February 17, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2866 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1393 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2837 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Emergency food help. What do you put on a BLT? Gawdzilla Sama 36 2150 July 21, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 20772 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  how pyschological is our pickiness to food. Mystic 28 4969 April 18, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet