Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing food and French fry thieves
Sharing food and French fry thieves
https://youtu.be/Y4FU-ILSRqA

How do you guys feel on the subject of sharing food? Personally I don't care if close friends or family snatch a little off my plate. Of course that doesn't mean I won't playfully bite them in retaliation. And I do nab French fries and other finger foods. And I also know to hide my good cookies from best friends or that will be gone the minute they walk in, oh well the price of friendship. But I also understand the people who can't be messed with when it comes to food. My ex would have taken a finger if I tried to steal a fry. And dad is the whole reason "you can't take a rib from a black guy" joke exist.
RE: Sharing food and French fry thieves
Take food off my plate, you better count your fingers afterwards. I'm on a diet. Tongue
I was out with a guy once and had a small meal, while he had a large meal, and he kept stealing my chips (French Fries), and some people do. I told him not to and he kept doing it and laughing. He stopped laughing when I took his steak and ate it.

I don't mind sharing with people, especially friends, but if I ask you to stop, stop!
Dying to live, living to die.
My roommate would snatch fries repeatedly from my plates. I admit it gets annoying, but other times, with other people, I don't care. But if it's half my lunch, forget it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
It really depends on my mood. If I ask you to stop taking food from my plate and you keep it up and you laugh about it.....

you're gonna have a bad time afterwards. I generally ask if it's okay. Outright thinking you can just help yourself to what I paid for? No.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It only irritates me if they don't ask first, otherwise we're cool.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(July 12, 2016 at 4:53 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: It only irritates me if they don't ask first, otherwise we're cool.

Pretty much this. I don't mind sharing food with friends.

It's all good.
I'm a pretty hungry food loving guy but I genuinely try to avoid temptation of taking more than my fair share.

If a girl is good looking enough I don't mind her snacking from my plate.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 12, 2016 at 4:58 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(July 12, 2016 at 4:53 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: It only irritates me if they don't ask first, otherwise we're cool.

Pretty much this. I don't mind sharing food with friends.

It's all good.

Yep, Bob nailed it. If you ask first and I don't care then fine. If I say no, then no means no. If you take before asking and it bugs me I'll fake sneeze, cough or spit on my plate.

The worst is people who constantly say "are you going to eat that?". Had a friend in college that would just inhale his food, finish before everyone else, and then take turns going from person to person around the table asking. Spit works for that also. No, (spit) you're welcome to it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Imagine a line drawn around my plate. If your hand crosses that line, when you withdraw it, you may find a fork sticking out of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 859 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1195 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1061 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  "Institution" and food shows. Brian37 17 1081 February 17, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2880 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1395 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Perfect gift for package thieves this christmas Clueless Morgan 12 1071 December 21, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2846 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Emergency food help. What do you put on a BLT? Gawdzilla Sama 36 2153 July 21, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Heart Tell us your ethnicity with food pics *Deidre* 138 20810 May 19, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon