Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bastille Day Horror in Nice
Bastille Day Horror in Nice
30 dead so far.

Truck plowed thru crowd, running over people, then gunmen (?) emerged from truck and started shooting.

CNN, MSNBC FOX all covering
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Bastille Day Horror in Nice
A couple sources on FB saying that's already gone up to 39.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I was flipping through the news channels, and Fox is now reporting the death toll is up to 60.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Oh... Damn... This is so not good...
What do these idiots think this will achieve?
Tim Williams ‏@realtimwilliams  4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Black smoke seen billowing from area near Eiffel Tower in France.  Pic @laxtitia. h/t @RT_com

(Not sure this is related, but I'd think so.)
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 14, 2016 at 6:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I was flipping through the news channels, and Fox is now reporting the death toll is up to 60.

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything FOX says.  Did they blame Obama?
Nope. Just as I type this, Wolf Blitzer says 60.

The Eiffel Tower incident turned out being a fireworks accident.
Let's ban trucks.
Let's stop pussy-footing around with these scum and deal with them permanently.

Terror suspects who support terror groups can get a few years.

Make it life - no remission.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm glad the perp was "neutralized". However, part of me finds that unsatisfying. I'd have preferred to see him go through the courts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1360 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Recycling horror (not for the squeamish) vorlon13 6 620 March 18, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Nice Work, Scotland Minimalist 8 714 October 8, 2017 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Nice Idea.... Minimalist 10 1270 February 13, 2016 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Nice try but no cigar buddy. Brian37 2 845 January 11, 2015 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Brian37