Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recurring Dreams
Recurring Dreams
I've probably posted about this before at some point or another but here goes:

I rarely remember my dreams save for several vivid nightmares that come and go, they're usually the same save for subtle differences. The worst by far is the red pygmy dream.

I'm always walking through some middle eastern town, a bazaar this time, looking at goods and speaking with people when I see flashes of a red cloak in my peripheral. A feeling of dread overwhelms me and I race through the town trying to get away. I turn into an alleyway and there he is. Garbed in a tattered red cloak is a man who only comes up to my stomach in height.

I know it's not a child from the state of his weathered, bronze face and wispy beard. He locks eyes with me and the realization that I'm dreaming washes over me. I'm almost relieved when a sickening feeling drops my stomach into a pit of ice, the man's crimson eyes are boring into me with malice and intent. He's not a part of the dream, I think.

I always wake up at this point. It really disturbs me to put it lightly. It's hard to explain, I know it's just a dream but during it it feels so real and the thought of another consciousness being "awake" within my dream really freaks me out.

Do you guys have any recurring dreams? Hopefully not nightmares, but feel free to share anything.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
RE: Recurring Dreams
just the one where I'm paralyzed and giant spiders are eating my eyeballs
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Sounds like you saw Don't Look Now when you were little and it stuck with you, Bobby. Can't blame you; that ending is shit-yer-pants scary.

I used to have a series of dreams centred around a house, somewhere in a country village. Nothing bad ever happened in it as I recall, but the interesting thing was that the dreams would all be different; only the location was broadly consistent. Even then, I might find myself in a different part of the house or the village, as each dream required, and sometimes even the house didn't feature in them, but I just knew it was the same place. I often wondered if it was a real place somewhere that somehow I once knew.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Mine are pretty much A69 material.

However, a recurring trait of dreams that I have is that they are steeped in reality, but with something(s) just a tad bit off. 

An example might be:

"I'm watching an airplane take off from El Paso international airport. It has markings of an air tanker (for brush fires). It has four jet engines, but sounds like a Cessna. It's anti-collision lights are blue, rather than red or white. As it banks off into the distance, the "Frasier" theme, as covered by Husker Du, fades in slowly."
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yes. They are usually in different settings (driving, shopping, school, ............) but the underlying set is anxiety or frustration.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
My dreams are always new every night, and they're never scary or dark. They usually consist of images and events that happened that same day. I don't read too much into my dreams, but I do enjoy having them. I often have lucid dreams where I know I'm dreaming, and can directly interact with those dreams. Those are my favorite Big Grin
For decades I had dreams about crashing in a plane or elevator. On the same lines, being at the top of a skyscraper, swaying like crazy.

Not so long ago they stopped and never returned.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 21, 2016 at 2:14 pm)Spirian Wrote: My dreams are always new every night, and they're never scary or dark. They usually consist of images and events that happened that same day. I don't read too much into my dreams, but I do enjoy having them. I often have lucid dreams where I know I'm dreaming, and can directly interact with those dreams. Those are my favorite Big Grin

That's really awesome, I wish I could lucid dream but usually when I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. lol
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(July 21, 2016 at 2:22 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: That's really awesome, I wish I could lucid dream but usually when I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. lol

I had to practice. I used to awaken with a jump when I realized I was dreaming. Now, once I realize I'm dreaming, I usually start to fly. I fly in many of my dreams  Sleepy
(July 21, 2016 at 10:00 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: I've probably posted about this before at some point or another but here goes:

I rarely remember my dreams save for several vivid nightmares that come and go, they're usually the same save for subtle differences. The worst by far is the red pygmy dream.

I'm always walking through some middle eastern town, a bazaar this time, looking at goods and speaking with people when I see flashes of a red cloak in my peripheral. A feeling of dread overwhelms me and I race through the town trying to get away. I turn into an alleyway and there he is. Garbed in a tattered red cloak is a man who only comes up to my stomach in height.

I know it's not a child from the state of his weathered, bronze face and wispy beard. He locks eyes with me and the realization that I'm dreaming washes over me. I'm almost relieved when a sickening feeling drops my stomach into a pit of ice, the man's crimson eyes are boring into me with malice and intent. He's not a part of the dream, I think.

I always wake up at this point. It really disturbs me to put it lightly. It's hard to explain, I know it's just a dream but during it it feels so real and the thought of another consciousness being "awake" within my dream really freaks me out.

Do you guys have any recurring dreams? Hopefully not nightmares, but feel free to share anything.

That moment when you realise you're dreaming is the perfect opportunity to take over and model the dream however you like. Confront that figure and you'll rid yourself of the nightmare. Read up on the practice of lucid dreaming for more info on how to control your dream once you become lucid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreams WinterHold 1 371 November 27, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: chorlton
  What are your goals and dreams? Edwardo Piet 40 4391 November 6, 2017 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: c172
  Share Your Weird Dreams Shell B 24 9473 July 28, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Together we share ours dreams viocjit 41 6050 May 11, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Weird Dreams Mechaghostman2 31 2855 February 28, 2017 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Dreams RozKek 29 5638 August 11, 2016 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Share your dreams/nightmares robvalue 28 3160 October 5, 2015 at 2:36 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Kooky Dreams Phatt Matt s 1 987 April 6, 2014 at 5:48 am