Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delaware Court Strikes Down Capital Punishment
Delaware Court Strikes Down Capital Punishment
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/del...ss&emc=rss

Quote:Delaware’s rules for imposing the death penalty are unconstitutional, the state’s Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday, a decision that could mean an effective end to capital punishment in Delaware.

There are now 19 states which have abolished it.
RE: Delaware Court Strikes Down Capital Punishment
That's a damn shame.
Won't stop them executing innocent civilians as many as 85 at a time by drone strike.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Or putting up with twats that make posts totally off topic but think that they are valid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm against the death penalty. The fact that the convicted aren't guaranteed to be guilty is enough reason by itself to not put anyone to death I reckon.

When someone gets let out of prison super late "Oops you were innocent all those years, sorry about that, our bad." That's bad enough... you can't exactly do that when someone has been put to death.
Neat, and good on Delaware.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I hope the law enforcers get the memo in time
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

we can still drop spammers in the log chipper, right ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 3, 2016 at 7:24 am)Aractus Wrote: Won't stop them executing innocent civilians as many as 85 at a time by drone strike.

I had no idea that Delaware had such an aggressive foreign policy.
(August 3, 2016 at 9:49 am)vorlon13 Wrote: we can still drop spammers in the log chipper, right ?

log chipper? What happened to the rock crushers? Haven't you returned them yet?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 16560 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2114 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Protestors Storm Capital onlinebiker 586 23765 February 1, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 791 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1157 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2313 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5269 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Statue of Lee to be removed from Va capital. Brian37 161 7929 June 16, 2020 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Court Ordered Quarantine brewer 2 440 October 24, 2019 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Supreme Court Considers Mandatory Govt Funding of Religious Education EgoDeath 8 737 September 24, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: EgoDeath