Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God would be like...
God would be like...
Always in bible god is asking to love him, that's kind of strange if you think about it.Because in theory he gave us free will... anyway i find it amusing in this clip of well known movie ,,Bruce almighty" asking to love him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWWIZ-q00U
If you think your afterlife will be better than your current life, you're not really living.You're just waiting to die.
RE: God would be like...
And then he sets her on fire. That's how the movie goes, right?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The feeling I always get out of the demands in the bible is nothing like love even if that's the word occasionally used. I've been in an abusive relationship before and it's exactly like that. They always say they love you and expect you to say it back to them. In the end, it's nothing more than a form of control and victim blaming.
a sadistic perverted schizophrenic uncle that demands you sit in his lap.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
GOD is an abbreviation standing for Greatly Overrated Douchebag.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
I've never been able to grasp the oft-thrown at me claim, 'God loves you.' In order for me to love or be loved by someone, their happiness must be essential to my own, and vice versa.

God is an ineffable, immutable, omnimax Being. God cannot therefore exist in a state called 'happy', since God - by definition - has no 'unhappy state'. Even if either of these states were possible, how could my happiness affect that of a Being who, by definition, cannot change?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 12, 2016 at 5:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I've never been able to grasp the oft-thrown at me claim, 'God loves you.'  In order for me to love or be loved by someone, their happiness must be essential to my own, and vice versa.

God is an ineffable, immutable, omnimax Being.  God cannot therefore exist in a state called 'happy', since God - by definition - has no 'unhappy state'.  Even if either of these states were possible, how could my happiness affect that of a Being who, by definition, cannot change?

Boru

Thinking you may be over-thinking it just a little.  Unless I'm overthinking your degree of thinking.  Hmmm...
Love is a human/animal emotion anyway. Why does God have so many of these I wonder?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁 HankMoody316 11 1592 November 6, 2022 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Whose 2nd coming would you like most? Fake Messiah 24 1067 February 13, 2021 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things You'll Never See In Films But Would Like To BrianSoddingBoru4 36 1910 November 25, 2020 at 11:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What Would You Like Named After You? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1627 March 18, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What Would You Do If God Was Real? Scatolian Version chimp3 26 3237 October 7, 2017 at 10:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hi, I would like to tell you about {name}, the only way to {whatever} ignoramus 17 3425 June 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Would you like to play a game?? Mystical 215 25366 March 1, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I would like to share a little quote from my 1999 "Teen Study Bible" No_God 9 2640 January 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: No_God
  If you were to make a book claiming to be revealed by God, how would you start? Mystic 16 5108 May 13, 2013 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: smax