Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I did it. Opinions needed
So, I did it. Opinions needed
I signed up for Amazon Prime. Seems to work with my smart TV but the shows I like aren't included like I thought they would be. 

I like the free two day shipping on my orders.

Anyone familiar with this? Can you tell me what you like and don't like about it?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: So, I did it. Opinions needed
I think it is an excellent service if you're planning on ordering from Amazon quite a lot. But like yourself, I was really disappointed with their selection of shows. It's nowhere near as good as Netflix.
I ordered some stuff for the furkids tonight. I'll get it in two days Smile

Watching Vikings. We saw the first two seasons through Hulu Plus, but we haven't used them since we moved. We had Netflix for a while, but we were going way over our bandwidth usage each month with our ISP due to binge watching. So, maybe not having access to all our favorite shows is a good thing? I dunno. We'll keep the AP and probably pick Netflix back up after I graduate and get a job. Still, the two together are far less expensive than cable. Any savings is good savings, right?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I've got Amazon Prime but rarely use it. The free two day shipping is really handy. Don't they have a thirty day money back guarantee? I thought they did.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm currently enjoying a 30 day free trial, that I can cancel at any time.
Netflix is alright in my opinion, but our version isn't as good as yours. We have quite a limited choice of shows and movies. It's probably worth it for you but I mainly just torrent all my stuff.

Angel
Ahh... torrents....

I miss those.
I use Prime because just about everything I buy comes from Amazon. The movies/shows are a nice bonus, but that's not why I have it
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I tried Prime and found they wanted me to pay a premium per episode for shows already included in my Netflix subscription. I don't order enough stuff from Amazon to justify the expense so fuck 'em. Unless they offer a comparable service to Netflix, they'll not get my money.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I've actually seen some stuff on Amazon that I'd like to buy for my pending career. Lots of professional gadgets and things I'd love to have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Opinions Foxaèr 0 191 September 27, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Major calendar reform needed. Gawdzilla Sama 5 751 January 9, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Forum add-ons that are needed. Gawdzilla Sama 33 1314 August 15, 2020 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Letter to Pope Francis (signatures needed) Catholic_Lady 40 3691 September 7, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Your opinions are required regarding this project . Enlightened Ape 7 1226 April 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My schizophrenic opinions on sex segregation in gyms paulpablo 6 1262 August 30, 2016 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Regina
  I don't think, this to be racist, but your give your opinions abaris 20 2728 March 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Your opinions, please Thumpalumpacus 40 4484 December 12, 2015 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Advice needed: Become an HOA board member? Clueless Morgan 7 2049 April 10, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  No god needed Foxaèr 21 2344 March 11, 2015 at 6:51 am
Last Post: robvalue