Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Blasphemy Day
International Blasphemy Day
Don't forget September 30th is Blasphemy Day. I say we have a grand party of it right here on AF. Stand in solidarity with those persecuted for this victimless crime and have fun too. Anyone feeling the need for practice ? Go right ahead...
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: International Blasphemy Day
(August 17, 2016 at 7:54 am)chimp3 Wrote: Don't forget September 30th is Blasphemy Day. I say we have a grand party of it right here of AF. Stand in solidarity with those persecuted for this victimless crime and have fun too. Anyone feeling the need for practice ? Go right ahead...

How religion managed to get under your skin, that instead of enjoying life you disliking believers in holy magic?
Allah and Yahweh
Sitting in a tree
N-O-N-exist-
I-N-G

I made a pair of shoes,
From the Holy Spirit's arse.
The laces were Jesus' eyebrows,
It's the height of class.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 17, 2016 at 8:07 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(August 17, 2016 at 7:54 am)chimp3 Wrote: Don't forget September 30th is Blasphemy Day. I say we have a grand party of it right here of AF. Stand in solidarity with those persecuted for this victimless crime and have fun too. Anyone feeling the need for practice ? Go right ahead...

How religion managed to get under your skin, that instead of enjoying life you disliking believers in holy magic?

We're not disliking the believers. We're insulting fictional characters. If they take that personally, that's their problem.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Purple is one of those that think we atheists are atheists because we are angry at god. Guess again.
Yeah. He hasn't listened to a damn thing since he got here. Or a he's a troll. Take your pick.

Index of my best videos
If the party involves getting wasted I'm in.
(August 17, 2016 at 8:07 am)purplepurpose Wrote:

I think you have a point.
(August 17, 2016 at 8:07 am)purplepurpose Wrote: How religion managed to get under your skin, that instead of enjoying life you disliking believers in holy magic?

Firstly - people can enjoy life AND mock religion at the same time, genius. Secondly - blasphemy laws are a problem in many countries around the world, where people can go to jail for speaking their minds - that's because religious authorities are a**holes and do everything they can to silence criticism, or dissent.

Lastly - OP did not mention the believers or dislike for them even ONCE. Are you dim, or did you just not read it, before adding your comment?
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
My guess is that people who waste their time disliking religion were hurt by it one way or the another.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blasphemy law in the United States Interaktive 37 3616 February 2, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Yongy50
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3462 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  International Blasphemy Day 2017 chimp3 84 20473 September 14, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you think political correctness is a new cover for blasphemy? TheMessiah 20 5113 June 10, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Blasphemy Day Fromper 42 7128 October 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  How the divine pen of Michel Nostradamus crushed the international atheist movement freethoughtbullies 3 1681 July 30, 2012 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Indonesian man faces 11 years in prison for blasphemy Ziploc Surprise 2 2084 May 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Chaostheosis
  Atheist Alliance International SecularSanity 10 3499 October 17, 2011 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Employee Lounge Blasphemy: Tales of a Coffee Cup thesummerqueen 4 2076 September 20, 2011 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  'Blasphemy is a victimless crime' is utter arrogance ScienceIsTheOnlyLord 140 58201 November 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Cego_Colher