Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Alliance International
Atheist Alliance International
Does anyone know why this organization is separating into US and non-US organizations?

Quote:AAI is currently in a transition period. The organization is separating into US and non-US organizations. During this period, the normal bylaws have been suspended until the transition is complete. Once the transition period has ended, the new Board of Atheist Alliance International (elected on 3 June 2011 and to take office upon receiving official recognition of the separation) will adopt bylaws for Atheist Alliance International. The bylaws will be added to this site when available.

http://www.atheistalliance.org/

RE: Atheist Alliance International
Because it is crazy?

That always seems to be the reason such things are done Thinking

I wonder... is it catching? Shock
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 25, 2011 at 11:18 am)SecularSanity Wrote: Does anyone know why this organization is separating into US and non-US organizations?

Google is your friend.

The Friendly Atheist (blog) Wrote:The Brand New Atheist Alliance International
Posted on June 3, 2011 by admin

Some of you may recall an organization called Atheist Alliance International. It had been around for a long while and even hosted a major conference a few years ago that brought together Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, and Ayaan Hirsi Ali all under one roof.

While they sometimes helped sponsor conferences outside America, it’s probably unfair to call them “international” when it’s pretty U.S.-centric.

So they’re changing that. They voted in October, 2010 to split up the organization.

Today marked the launch of the new Atheist Alliance International. The announcement was made at the World Atheist Convention going on right now in Dublin, Ireland. ....

Full article » »

Big Grin

...never eat your own nose...
They are still weirdos Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Am I going to have to learn all new prayers and dogma? Devil
Will I have to refer to myself as a non-denominational atheist?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 25, 2011 at 5:28 pm)THWOTH Wrote: Google is your friend.

I have to say, that must be the kindest way someone have said "why don't you fucking Google it?" Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 25, 2011 at 11:18 am)SecularSanity Wrote: Does anyone know why this organization is separating into US and non-US organizations?

[Image: 07-popul.jpg]
SPLITTER!
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
THWOTH Wrote:Google is your friend.

Thank you!
This is a legitimate question and deserves a legitimate answer.

Atheist Alliance was originally a U.S. based group of local affiliates. Gradually, groups outside the U.S. liked the model and joined, and in 2002 the name was changed to AA International.

But there are significant differences in the challenges faced by atheists overseas, and the international groups felt they needed to address these differently. Many countries are secular on the surface, yet have state-supported religions.

U.S. Affiliates agreed when the vote was taken and the restructuring began. AA International became a new entity in Dublin in June, and AA of America will formally launch in Houston in October. We are now two separate organizations with different approaches in supporting our Affiliates.

Nick Lee, President, Atheist Alliance of America
(August 26, 2011 at 10:30 pm)AAAPrez Wrote: [...] We are now two separate organizations with different approaches in supporting our Affiliates.

Nick Lee, President, Atheist Alliance of America

Thanks for popping in to clarify Nick. Big Grin

...never eat your own nose...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3463 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  International Blasphemy Day 2017 chimp3 84 20481 September 14, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  International Blasphemy Day chimp3 153 19631 October 9, 2016 at 4:35 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  How the divine pen of Michel Nostradamus crushed the international atheist movement freethoughtbullies 3 1681 July 30, 2012 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope