Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign to arrest the Pope!
Campaign to arrest the Pope!
Sam Harris is launching an appeal to have the Pope arrested! Wouldn't that be great? The details can be found here: http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/...-arrested/

Why should he enjoy diplomatic immunity? He was complicit in covering up the sexual abuse of little boys! Anyone else would be thrown in jail!

Arrest the Pope!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: Campaign to arrest the Pope!
(August 17, 2010 at 7:19 pm)Thor Wrote: Sam Harris is launching an appeal to have the Pope arrested! Wouldn't that be great? The details can be found here: http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/...-arrested/

Why should he enjoy diplomatic immunity? He was complicit in covering up the sexual abuse of little boys! Anyone else would be thrown in jail!

Arrest the Pope!

I'd like to see them try. And that's not just sarcasm, I'd really like to see the Pope arrested for covering up sexual abuse. In fact, my parents are currently in the process of burning our bridges with our old church (Lutheran, mind you) after it turned out that one of the teachers at the adjoining school, and an elder of the church, was not only a pedophile, but that the church had actually known that from the beginning.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Let me add that to the list of things I would do if I were president:

Put out a warrant for the Pope's arrest. Encourage all other nations to follow suit.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(August 17, 2010 at 9:30 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Let me add that to the list of things I would do if I were president:

Put out a warrant for the Pope's arrest. Encourage all other nations to follow suit.

Yes. We arrest Roman Polanski for having sex with a thirteen-year-old girl (who, incidentally, has gone on record repeatedly saying she believes that he should be allowed to go free) once thirty years ago, and meanwhile, the Pope has impunity to aide and abet acts of pedophilia that have occurred for, at the very least, decades.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Could he really be arrested over alleged cover ups? Don't get me wrong, I find it hard to accept that he knew nothing about, or tried to cover up pedo-preists, seeing as it was his job to know about this kinda stuff. But just because it looks like he's guilty as fuck doesn't mean he is, or that he should be arrested. I don't see how they can actually get any evidence against him, since wouldn't the church control it and if it came down to it destroy any evidence?

It's a bit more than just a "cover-up."

Quote:Joseph Ratzinger heads the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising from March 1977 to February 1982 and approved the January 1980 transfer of “H” to the Munich parish.
Joseph Ratzinger is elected pope in April 2005.
See chart.

Jan. 1980 “H” moves to a parish in Munich to undergo therapy after being accused of molesting boys, a decision that was taken “with the approval of the archbishop.” He is allowed to resume pastoral work by the vicar general.

http://pope-ratz.blogspot.com/2010/03/ti...sonal.html
I don't understand why anyone would continue to support an organization when it has been revealed that the organization has been covering up child molestation committed by its members. You'd think people would be EMBARRASSED to call themselves "Catholic". But the ninnies just continue to smile and drop their money into the collection plate...

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(August 18, 2010 at 9:36 am)Thor Wrote: I don't understand why anyone would continue to support an organization when it has been revealed that the organization has been covering up child molestation committed by its members. You'd think people would be EMBARRASSED to call themselves "Catholic". But the ninnies just continue to smile and drop their money into the collection plate...

Just shows you how credulous some believers can be. Just imagine if the pope was arrested (which won't happen). The wailing and crying, the candles and vigils, the praying. They would make a right martyr of him. Still if he went to prison he would stop being a virgin Confusedhock:
Quote:I don't understand why anyone would continue to support an organization when it has been revealed that the organization has been covering up child molestation committed by its members.

Because Herr Von Popenfuhrer said it was all the media hating on the church so that made the idiots feel better.

They are catholic because they are stupid.
(August 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm)Captain Scarlet Wrote: Just shows you how credulous some believers can be. Just imagine if the pope was arrested (which won't happen). The wailing and crying, the candles and vigils, the praying. They would make a right martyr of him.

I have no doubt you are correct.

I'd bet the Dope could anally penetrate a ten year old boy in the middle of St. Peter's Square and the followers would defend him. They would probably even tell the tyke how lucky he was to be "blessed" by the "Holy Father".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1311 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3416 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1350 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2153 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2268 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3627 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9809 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4837 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7524 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5533 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus