Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The top reasons people hate Hilary according to Newsweek
The top reasons people hate Hilary according to Newsweek
Kyle of Secular Talk breaks it down:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZT_kbkP8rY

Number one reason:
We know enough about her to know that she isn’t magical. 
http://europe.newsweek.com/quora-questio...3178?rm=eu

I can't take this article seriously, hence I put this in the humour section.

RE: The top reasons people hate Hilary according to Newsweek
People hate Hilary because they are foolish enough to still be republicans, while she, while not smart enough to have never been a republican, was smart enough to stop being a republican even before Reagan.
Fine that you put it in humor but I think it is astute. He's right. Many of the Bern's die hard supporters act as though they think he is the magic man. If the "magic" word is putting you off, just substitute "special". In their minds only the Bern is special enough to deliver us from the evils of a two party, corporate-run state. That is just bullshit. Bernie may be aces about identifying and waxing rhetorical regarding the problems, but that doesn't mean he is the guy who can do anything about it. Most likely he would have been a mess, unable to get support from much of anyone.

What Hillary is is a worker bee. She is a die in the wool do-gooder. She can wax wonky but who couldn't if they'd lived their entire adult life with Bill Clinton? But she is smart and she does care about helping people. I suspect she will be very productive and I have no doubt that her constituency will be kids, the poor and working people .. not the corporations whose support she gathers. If you want to get anything done in this country you'd better be able to communicate with everyone, you'd better be strategic and you'd better be persistent. She has shown herself to be all of that. But no, she isn't 'special' in the Bernie way. You want to fire up the base? Give the mike to Bill or Bernie. But you want someone to work like a dog and effectively to really help people, vote for Hillary.
(August 30, 2016 at 2:15 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: People hate Hilary because they are foolish enough to still be republicans, while she, while not smart enough to have never been a republican, was smart enough to stop being a republican even before Reagan.
It's not just Republicans who don't want to vote for Hilary. According currently polling (Real Clear Politics four way average), around 15% of people will not be voting for Trump or Clinton. I hate this idea that Republican elites (e.g Senators and Congresspeople) suddenly become smart or reasonable just because they won't support their nominee. They like Hilary because Hilary is actively trying to appeal to them.

You can be to the left of Hilary, instead of to the right of her, and still hate her. By not acknowledging that you are making the same mistake as the author of the article. The two party duopoly is coming to an end in the United States. The Greens and the Libertarians will get millions of votes this election season.

If Republicans were flocking to me because they though I was more agreeable than their candidate I'd be ashamed. I would not want homophones and racists expressing their support for me. I wouldn't be proud of having Republican insiders voicing their support for me.

Republicans that support Hilary don't suddenly become any less heartless. They haven't suddenly changed their views to be any less bigoted. They are still neo-conservatives just like her, especially on war and foreign policy.

Half the time Donald Trump says he wants less war than Hilary and the other half the time he wants more war than Hilary so they aren't sure if he can deliver for all of their defense contractor buddies. They don't know if he'll support their wars, but they do know Hilary wants ground troops in Syria and a no-fly zone over Syria.

Yes, I figured somebody would say people think Sanders is magical. But he does have a track record of voting in favour of sensible policies. And he's a real shocker: Hilary used to sound a lot like Donald Trump does today on immigration!

Hillary Clinton used to sound a lot like Trump on immigration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK6ixvKxw7E

And secondly:
Hillary Clinton Brags About Voting For A Border Fence To Keep Out Illegal Immigrants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFi0QUboxs

Hilary isn't a worker bee: She spent most of her time in the State Department writing e-mails and trying to circumvent Freedom of Information Act laws.. The FBI just recently discovered another 15,000 "work-related e-mails" which Hilary somehow manged to hide from them during the course of the criminal investigation. The State Department has now been ordered to review the content of these 15,000 newly discovered e-mails and ultimately release them to the public. That is on top of the 30,000 or so deleted e-mails (which I'm sure every enemy nation has by now or I pity them) which were purely about Yoga and wedding planning and the ten of thousands of other e-mails the FBI managed to find in their investigation. One has to be really naive to think that over 30,000 e-mails were just about Yoga and wedding planning.

"constituency will be kids, the poor and working people"

Hm, yeah, like the children of Libya. I used to speak to a lady from Libya, whose online story submission I happened to review; it's how I got interested in Quran. I believe I've mentioned that before. This was during the height of the civil war there. After a few months I never heard from her again. We have Hilary Clinton and her neo-con friends to thank for creating a failed state on Europe's borders and, thus, an increase in Fascism across Europe.

Kyle did another segment some weeks ago on why people hate both cadidates. The approval rates for both are rather abyssmal after all. Rightfully so, I would say.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Of course, what is funny about this is:  Clinton

Quote:Poll   Date   Sample   Favorable   Unfavorable   Spread  
8/5 - 8/28................. 41.4................53.4........-12
--

Drumpf:

8/5 - 8/28...................34.1..............60.3............-26.2

--
Source:  Real Clear Politics
Now, there's a reason to hate Drumpf.... he's a fucking racist moron.
Yep, Trump is a bigot - I agree. So are the many Republican insiders ditching him in favour of Hilary, which is even scarier I think. They love Hilary because they know she thinks like them. It would be terrible if Hilary managed to make the Democrats and Republicans the same on war and foreign policy because she certain sounds at least as hawkish as George W. Bush. I'm sure the Republican elites could manage four years of Donald Trump if they wanted to. He said his SCOTUS picks would be ones they'd like.

(August 30, 2016 at 3:47 pm)abaris Wrote: Kyle did another segment some weeks ago on why people hate both cadidates. The approval rates for both are rather abyssmal after all. Rightfully so, I would say.

Yet people still insist on saying only sexists and Republicans hate Hilary. Why is the electorate getting blamed for Hilary's shortcomings? Millions of people will be voting for Jill Stein of the Green Party this year but somehow how all these millions are still sexist simply because they won't vote for Hilary. I hate all of the attempts guilt tripping of the pro-Hilary media and the "over-defense", as Kyle rightly refers to it as, of Hilary.

(August 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm)ReptilianPeon Wrote: Yet people still insist on saying only sexists and Republicans hate Hilary. Why is the electorate getting blamed for Hilary's shortcomings? Millions of people will be voting for Jill Stein of the Green Party this year but somehow how all these millions are still sexist simply because they won't vote for Hilary. I hate all of the attempts guilt tripping of the pro-Hilary media and the "over-defense", as Kyle rightly refers to it as, of Hilary.

Of course it's ridiculous. The only question in this American election is, do you want more of the same or outright and criminally dangerous idiocy? One would be Hillary, the other one Trump. Not a good choice, but the only one available.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 30, 2016 at 2:33 pm)Whateverist Wrote: What Hillary is is a worker bee.  She is a die in the wool do-gooder.  She can wax wonky but who couldn't if they'd lived their entire adult life with Bill Clinton?  But she is smart and she does care about helping people.  

There are two things which negates this.  1.  her concept of what is good appears to be rooted in shallow and rigid dogma she embraced early in life and not subsequently reflected upon to any great depth during later life.  This is bad.    2.  She is willing to temporarily deviate her principles in the pursuit of her principles, which would be good were it not for the fact of the above, and also for the fact that she lack guile while doing so, which makes her much less effective than her strategems might have made her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoid the X-mas rush, hate me now. Brian37 52 1883 November 25, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  HATE SPEECH! {clicky bait} ignoramus 48 4326 March 27, 2019 at 6:42 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  America's Top 40 White Nationalist billboard. Brian37 0 257 October 8, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail Edwardo Piet 25 2656 October 28, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Heat
  I hate cliches to death! ignoramus 65 6556 May 16, 2015 at 4:05 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Top 10 Christian fails Jacob(smooth) 4 1533 June 26, 2014 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  The world according to.... pocaracas 8 7781 November 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  LET THERE BE HUMOR. Creation According to The Flying Spaghetti Monster (NIV) freedomfromforum 13 6556 August 15, 2013 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  White people vs black people reaction to magic Fidel_Castronaut 3 2085 July 25, 2013 at 5:32 am
Last Post: GodIsDead
  They hate us for our freedom reverendjeremiah 1 1563 December 6, 2011 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Cyberman