Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bragging and mutual support thread
The bragging and mutual support thread
I posted in a thread started by Nymphadora.  She's having trouble getting the ball rolling with her health.  And I realized that a LOT of us here are having our own problems with health or depression or generally getting the ball rolling in life.

I'd like this thread to be a place where we can support each other for the good things we're trying to do.  Maybe that will help get the ball rolling a little faster. Smile

Here's one from me: I've been making myself more independent of my wife-- washing my own dishes and clothes, planning and cooking my own meals, and so on.  I almost feel like a bachelor again, and it's really making me feel like I'm a competent person.  Hell, if I run out of things to tidy up, I might even get out of the house and do something!
RE: The bragging and mutual support thread
I have been dealing with an old woman at work who thinks it is fun to play games by making me angry. I have been so angry it has made me want to walk out of there a few times and never return.

I decided that I should become my former persona from previous jobs; the gay deli bitch.

I am going to teach her a lesson. One does not mess with the gay deli bitch.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Omg...this could really be a fun thread. I likes it!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
When I remember to, I find it helpful to keep my eyes closed when I wake up and not move at all if I can help it. There I take the time to both collect and direct myself, gathering inspiration and purpose for the day. I'm not always successful, but it's helpful when I am. To give yourself some internal time and space before giving it immediately to the external world.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Not trying to derail the thread, just an aside to say that I would SO pay to see a film called 'The Gay Deli Bitch'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 12, 2016 at 4:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Not trying to derail the thread, just an aside to say that I would SO pay to see a film called 'The Gay Deli Bitch'.

A $50 hidden camera says this wish could become a reality. . . right Maelstrom? Big Grin
I signed up on Loseit.com. According to the information I put in, my daily caloric budget is 1862 calories per day. So far I've "spent" 400 of them.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 12, 2016 at 1:26 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: I signed up on Loseit.com. According to the information I put in, my daily caloric budget is 1862 calories per day. So far I've "spent" 400 of them.

Great

I started with Lose It on August 8th and have lost 17.2 lbs since then, for a total of 36.8 lbs lost since June.
I'm making a trip to England next summer. I have to save enough money for the round trip, hostels, food, drink, trains, and recreation. I plan to be as frugal as possible, yet get the most out of it. I'll be taking one back pack and will be out there for two weeks. I plan on meeting up with my af friends. So far I've saved $200. Lol! But I just started and have a budget plan. I already checked flight prices and I have enough time to save what I need. I will make it in time. Now all I need is to make a good time budget system, so I can go to all the places I have in mind. Emma is helping me. I suck at time management.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Playing music gives me peace of mind, whether I'm sitting at the keys or playing the guitar. Mainly, I just try to take it easy and not get too bent out of shape about things.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4119 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7332 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Insomniac support and tips Jackalope 88 10947 June 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Regina
  A Way to Support Me FREE Book Offer Rhondazvous 9 2625 March 14, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  need a little support - bad boss day drfuzzy 21 4784 February 28, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  To you non-reciprocated non-mutual passionate enthused ramblers out there. Edwardo Piet 30 2830 October 5, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do you support euthanasia? IanHulett 40 6247 February 18, 2015 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  I think I need to establish a support group and maybe find a mentor... LivingNumbers6.626 3 1145 January 14, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Nazi photos Hitlers support for the Church Big Blue Sky 19 7664 August 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Looking For Support In Recovering From My Dreadful Religious Past CoolBoy 4 1947 July 18, 2010 at 2:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet