Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did I hear? ( not sure where to post this)
What did I hear? ( not sure where to post this)
My Mom passed away in May 2016. It was a shock. My sister has been living in my mom's house, one time she told me she heard a door slam shut, It was late at night. Another time she heard knocking. Both times I told her it was her imagination or she was in a waking dream.  On Saturday night about 11 pm. I was in the family room by myself. That room leads to an outdoor patio, we have a motion detector light, which can also be used as a light. All of a sudden I heard 4 taps on the window, a pause then a few more taps another pause and finally a few more taps. I ran to the picture window to see who was spying on me. The motion light had not gone on earlier and when I ran to picture window, a person would have triggered the light to get away. There was nothing there. The heat was off so it could not be that. 
I can't imagine what it could be. It was a tapping on that window I don't believe in anything supernatural, but that knocking is what I used to do to my mom from outside. No doubt many of you will say I imagined it but I don't think so.  What did I hear? Give me some ideas and be nice.

Manowar
RE: What did I hear? ( not sure where to post this)
Bees or flies or some other insects bumping into that window?
11pm?... a moth?
Got shrubbery next to the window? Without a path? (sorry, Python knee jerk)

Was the wind blowing?

Was it cooler/warmer outside than inside the house?

Does your sister like to fuck with your head?

Do you have varmints?

Do you often think you see or hear things that are not there, that others don't see or hear?

How do you know it was taping on the window and not some where else on the house in the same proximity?

Do you have trees that overhang the roof?

Are you on a heavy traffic route street?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Could have been a bird. One morning I was woke up to the sound of knocking. This was in our old house, but I had no idea what it was until I looked out my window--and saw a bird knocking on the window.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
It could have been a great many mundane things. Our minds sure do like to wander when we don't have answers, though. My answer would be "I don't know what it was, but there's no reason to believe it was ghosties."
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Contraction of timbers or whatever in the cool night air? The house itself settling at night?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The answer to ALL of your questions is NO!!! This was tapping and no I don't believe in ghosts.

Manowar
We gave you our answers. Is there something you'd like us to tell you instead? What would make you more comfortable?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
No just wondering if you think it possible that it was knocking. I guess the answer is no, for me being a skeptic, i don't know what it was, but it was freaky.
Manowar
I don't know what you heard, but I'm really sorry about your mom Sad
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5775 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Hear me out on this dyresand 21 3920 July 23, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Did anyone here post at the Atheist Plus forums? TheMessiah 10 4461 June 7, 2015 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  I'm just not sure Hello 27 5381 October 7, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Ever hear a christian say something so stupid.(Horror stories here) Lemonvariable72 83 22959 September 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  My wife is Christian... i'm not sure what I am. IDKWTB 25 7767 April 30, 2011 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Welsh cake