Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Customers,
Dear Customers,
One does not have to work in retail to be frustrated with customers, but it certainly helps.

Share your comments here, something you wish you could state to a customer in real life where a nonsensical customer service policy prevents you from letting them know what they need to hear rather than what they want to hear.

Dear Soup Lady,

It must be nice to have no other worry in your life except soup. For most of us, there are more important issues with which we must daily deal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Dear Customers,
Hey, I know now you're a thief as well as a chiseler, and there will come a day when I will catch you red-handed, and then you will have to be an asshole elsewhere.

There was a case here in the UK, where a bunch of employees of a 118 directory enquiries service set up a website to take the piss out of customers. They all got fired and the company's reputation was fucked after that... just sayin' Big Grin

No one with whom I work even knows I post here. It is not as though I have actually created a website.

But thank you for the derail.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 9, 2016 at 12:45 am)Maelstrom Wrote: No one with whom I work even knows I post here.  It is not as though I have actually created a website.

Yeah... I was joking Smile This is very different, hence... carry on Wink
(October 9, 2016 at 12:45 am)Maelstrom Wrote: But thank you for the derail.

Sorry.
For me at least, seeing people as customers makes me feel artificial.  As a result, I often refer to shoppers in our store as people: by humanizing them, it reminds me that they are fellow humans and not objects to sell stuff to. Having said this:

Dear people who shop in our store,

Continually yielding to and accommodating unproductive behavior, is ultimately doing you a disservice: it sends the message that negativity, hostility, and childishness are acceptable forms of behavior; they are not.  Eventually, you will display this behavior toward the wrong person, and as a result, they may physically and/or verbally assault you.  In addition, you might also display this behavior one too many times toward someone with whom you are interdependent (friend, family, co-worker, business partner (etc.)), and they will ultimately deliver a very painful no and walk away from you.  Hence, these unfortunate outcomes could've been prevented had some brave, compassionate person in our store worked up the courage to constructively tell you no and highlight that there are better, more constructive ways to get what you want.

Dear customers,

Your traffic-cone orange t-shirts pronouncing "TRUMP 2016" are offensive to our 75% female, 50% black, and 10% Hispanic employees.

Careful what you wear to a restaurant... just sayin'.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(October 9, 2016 at 1:05 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: As a result, I often refer to shoppers in our store as people: by humanizing them, it reminds me that they are fellow humans and not objects to sell stuff to.

As someone who's been a retail manager for godknowshowlong, one thing I've always told my employees is to treat our customers as people. They are not walking wallets. Customers pick up on that fact very quickly and will pay more for a better shopping experience.

(October 9, 2016 at 1:21 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: As someone who's been a retail manager for godknowshowlong, one thing I've always told my employees is to treat our customers as people. They are not walking wallets. Customers pick up on that fact very quickly and will pay more for a better shopping experience.

No doubt, but when a customer is rude and the manager takes the customers side in order to make the employee look like an ass, then the manager is an ass.

Customer service has gotten completely out of hand. Customers need to be told NO.

Growing up, our parents tell us "no" all the time, and we grow up as better people because of it. What happens when a child is constantly told "yes"? He becomes spoiled, which is precisely what customer service is all about; ensuring that spoiled adults remain spoiled.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Quarantine Diary Gawdzilla Sama 0 466 April 30, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1117 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
  Dear Staff 2.0 no one 4 484 February 5, 2019 at 8:22 am
  Happy birthday, my dear Losty Foxaèr 7 1150 August 8, 2016 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Banjo
  Dear Mother Nature. ignoramus 16 1675 May 7, 2016 at 9:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What is wrong with you customers? Foxaèr 9 2729 December 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  XTC- Dear God Edwardo Piet 0 599 December 23, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question Dear Americans: What's the leading cause of death among the young? Aractus 71 10699 November 20, 2014 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I really hate customers! Aractus 22 4206 June 24, 2013 at 5:23 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oh dear god. . . Aegrus 22 7464 February 14, 2013 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Angrboda