Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye
Exclamation 
Goodbye
[Image: 2j6Yu2J.jpg]

This isn't click-bait, but I really should title the thread "thank you". Thanks for a wonderful 4 years, and I have to go. It's time to move forward. Here's a video saying goodbye, expressing how grateful I am to have had this experience, and of course explaining why I've made this choice:

Trigger Warning: Please do not view this video if you're a recovering addict, as I drink neat vodka in it.

Hopefully it's not too negative, I tried to stay focused on the positives - because I really appreciate the past 4 years. Of course that was difficult given my foot, as well as other reasons. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, at all, with my assessment of this situation, it's how I feel and I need to do what is right for me. It's not the time to argue about it, that time has past. This community has meant a lot to me over the last four years, but it's time to move forward. Oh and I was right about Trump, half of you said I had no idea what I was talking about predicting he would win, well maybe I'm not as dumb as you think I am.

You can read the censored version of my blog post on Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome <snip>. I repeat it is censored, and you can audit that on a separate page:

You may also view the presentation I had to make on Stigma here:

I admit it's not my greatest work. It is now at a standard I can stand behind. FYI the earlier version I was dissatisfied with was marked 89/100 (info here).

I'm not sure what else I can say other than the fact that I appreciate you all, I will miss you all, you're all fantastic, and I hope the community continues to thrive on into the future. Thanks for everything and fair-well,

A
[email protected]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Goodbye
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Well, I hope you change your mind and don't make it a permanent leave, Aractus.
I never knew about your blog and I've just spent a good half hour looking it over.
It won't be my last visit.
I hope your foot mends quickly.
See ya man. :-)
Enjoyed the pity party. Be well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All the best, Aractus. Take care.
I don't like these kinds of posts in general, they're too... permanent.

Either way from a personal point of view I've always thought you an intelligent well reasoned guy, have a good one.
I wish you a speedy recovery from your injury!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I never knew you had such a glorious beard.

Take care
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Good luck.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Damn, now we have to find another America-hating Aussie.

Anyway, good luck, Aractus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 527 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Goodbye Cool World Disagreeable 15 918 January 30, 2022 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Goodbye folks. Porcupine 13 987 July 27, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Goodbye! Mystic 24 2478 May 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Saying goodbye simply... J a c k 30 2877 June 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm