Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying goodbye to Pepper
Saying goodbye to Pepper
I'm heartbroken. My 15 year old Elkhound can't get up on her own any more. A week ago she was fine. I'm afraid it's time.
RE: Saying goodbye to Pepper
Sorry to hear it, C/D. But if she can't get up she isn't having a lot of fun, either.

Best wishes.
Oh no Cthulhu! I'm so sorry Sad
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Sad

Poor pup, it's hard to let them go, even when it's the right thing
Sorry to hear that CD Sad
Cthulhu, I am so sorry. It's such a hard thing to go through. I had to put down a beloved German shepherd earlier this year for the same reason, and I'm still not over it.

Take solace in the knowledge that you gave her the best life imaginable, it was lengthy for her species and the end was merciful. I do realize it takes quite awhile to get to the point that these observations can become a comfort. My thoughts are with you.
Very sorry to hear that CD. Thats what happened with Popeye just a few weeks ago so I know exactly how it hard it is. There comes a point though when keeping them around becomes selfish.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(September 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Very sorry to hear that CD. Thats what happened with Popeye just a few weeks ago so I know exactly how it hard it is. There comes a point though when keeping them around becomes selfish.

You are right about that. I know what has to be done. Tuesday afternoon.
I've had to put a few family members
down, (animals of course) Wink Shades
It's hard, I know. You'll be fine.
Warm wishes and peace to you.

fff
I'm so sorry, Dreaming. I send you a hug. Sad
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 538 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Goodbye Cool World Disagreeable 15 953 January 30, 2022 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Legalized pepper spray and noodles. Brian37 11 527 August 14, 2021 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Goodbye folks. Porcupine 13 1016 July 27, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Saying Thanks onlinebiker 16 1612 June 12, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Goodbye! Mystic 24 2545 May 9, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
Exclamation Goodbye Aractus 51 4188 November 12, 2016 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Saying goodbye simply... J a c k 30 2962 June 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  In Heaven Everything is Fine. ... just saying and shit. GirlyMan 13 4026 March 25, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Dr.Pepper Doing It Right Big Blue Sky 0 584 May 22, 2013 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky