Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koran book burning
Koran book burning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11223457

I think this a action of religious extremes against another religious extremes that couldn't have come at a worst time
RE: Koran book burning
I think book burning is a dumb idea, but if they want to do it then that is their prerogative.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Cowards with nothing to sell but fear.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
I think it's stupid, like everything else other religious extremists do.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Especially when they said this will cost lives of soldiers and would damage the campaign on afghanistan
Man, it's hard for me to believe how much passion the US gov't and media are pursuing the movement of the Ground Zero mosque and yet this Koran burning is hardly getting a blip on the protest screen. We scream about our religious freedom and freedom of speech, but a community Islamic center become a focus of hatred and violence while the desecration of hundreds of sacred documents by self-proclaimed bigots is receiving only curious interest. I'm so curious as to what will happen on Sept. 11th and disappointed by the state of our country.
My religion is the understanding of my world. My god is the energy that underlies it all. My worship is my constant endeavor to unravel the mysteries of my religion. Thinking
I do not agree with the book burning however I would not stand in the way of their civil and religious rights given to them by the Constitution. What I do find remarkable about this, most people are condemning them for this action especially Muslims in this country who have the same religious rights as anyone else does. Yet when christians are killed in Muslim countries and Bibles burnt in those same places no one raises a single voice, does the world really hate us that much. If so count another bibical prophesy fullfilled.Thinking
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I support the actions of the organization. There are laws in this country that directly infringe on my way of life. Burning the Koran does not directly infringe on anyone's way of life. Until Muslims care as much about defending my way of life as I do, I exercise freedom of belief and freedom of expression to support any burning of legally acquired, privately owned Korans.
(September 7, 2010 at 10:04 pm)lrh9 Wrote: I support the actions of the organization. There are laws in this country that directly infringe on my way of life. Burning the Koran does not directly infringe on anyone's way of life. Until Muslims care as much about defending my way of life as I do, I exercise freedom of belief and freedom of expression to support any burning of legally acquired, privately owned Korans.

Just because they can do it, doesn't make it any less stupid.
what do you think muslim extermist's reaction to that?
-hmm lets send couple of our suicide bombers to persuade them that they are wrong. oh... wait!!...
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1252 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7761 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3038 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Tomi Lahren: Does The Koran Advocate Violence? mralstoner 13 4353 July 31, 2015 at 1:29 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  The Koran is perpetual war against all who deny -- J.Q. Adams mralstoner 9 3507 November 12, 2014 at 7:20 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Need help finding a book for cheap. Mudhammam 3 1111 October 24, 2014 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  History of the Middle East/Islam Book Recommendations? Clueless Morgan 10 4808 October 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is the quran the only book there is (Also video) Moira 0 964 September 24, 2013 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Moira
  Enter the Koran contest, and win an AK-47! leo-rcc 30 9879 October 13, 2011 at 6:08 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Afghan riots over Quran-burning: 2 days, 20 dead Minimalist 121 47516 April 22, 2011 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Zen Badger