Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgin Births happen all the time?!
Virgin Births happen all the time?!
I was shocked by this one:

http://www.skepticink.com/reasonablyfait...-the-time/

Per the BMJ article, 1 in 200 US women claim to have conceived without having had sexual intercourse!
RE: Virgin Births happen all the time?!
One wonders how many xtians fall for that?
Those aren't True Virgin Births™.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
"Virgin" births in nature result in offspring genetically identical to the mother. As far as I know parthenogenesis has never occurred in mammals.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

How many of those are 15 year old girls in Mississippi?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
A woman gives birth - worldwide - about four times a second. This woman must be found and stopped.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 17, 2016 at 10:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A woman gives birth - worldwide - about four times a second.  This woman must be found and stopped.

Boru

US Republicans would have it another way...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They should bomb the Parthenon, this is getting out of hand!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

whats more miraculous, a woman doing a virgin birth, or me doing it non-virginally ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 18, 2016 at 12:08 am)Alex K Wrote: They should bomb the Parthenon, this is getting out of hand!

The Venetian navy did that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matt 1:25, not a virgin Fake Messiah 8 595 October 13, 2023 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2284 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1664 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27861 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11239 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Mary is not a virgin by the Bible accounts Fake Messiah 26 3789 September 30, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What time is it?? What if Time!!! Drich 94 10848 March 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67131 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Bad/Good Things That Happen Without the Aid of a Deity Nope 30 9742 June 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  If the Exodus didn't happen, the Jews wouldn't put themselves under the Mosaic law Dolorian 57 13276 November 5, 2014 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0