Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trigger Words
Trigger Words
What are words that "trigger" you?

Mine are, and yes I'm serious.

Fridge - it's ice box

Veggies - Vegitables people!!

Couch - it's a sofa..

Bucketlist - I hate this word

Soda - coke, soft drink or cold drink

Political Correct - it's called being a pussy not trying to offend anyone

Can't think of any more at the moment.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Trigger Words
LPW, you are most definitely not an easterner.

Preggers.

"It's called...."

Pennsy (for Pennsylvania. Is it really that hard to say the whole thing?)
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
wanna fuck ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm under the impression the people who use the phrase triggered and trigger warnings seriously use the term to talk about subjects of conversation or words that will cause serious mental distress.

For me there's no words that get to me like that.

There might be one exception, the subject of death and thinking about it too deeply has caused me to physically shake with fear before. For some reason it's documentaries about the vastness of the universe that trigger this for me, it just makes humans look so insignificant and shit that it kind of depresses me so I choose not to watch those kind of shows much.
On the other hand seeing real life gore and death in film doesn't distress me much so it's weird the way it works.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

AK47
AR15
Remington
Colt
Marlin
Uzi
S&W
Glock
Sig Sauer
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't like the word fart. I usually say "number three" bc it sounds less unattractive.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 2, 2017 at 4:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I don't like the word fart. I usually say "number three" bc it sounds less unattractive.

The word we use sounds a bit like "poom". Better?
(January 2, 2017 at 3:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: AK47
AR15
Remington
Colt
Marlin
Uzi
S&W
Glock
Sig Sauer

Knife
Dagger
Sword
Bear trap
Brass Knuckles
Sharp fingernails
Pencil

Why blame the weapon?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
These sound more like pet peeves not trigger words. And I'm not sure why you hate southern words. We would laugh at you if you got upset over soda, fridge, or couch in our parts. That or you would be in constant irritation cause those are every day words.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Stani ili putsam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzs1FehYOA
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 521883 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 205 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1475 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1775 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Words... Foxaèr 24 4156 April 3, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Phrases and idioms that trigger you. Edwardo Piet 74 11713 November 11, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Words To Think About Minimalist 2 518 August 10, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Words out of context. brewer 19 1444 July 22, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Words to be avoided in Polite Conversation Firefighter01 68 7748 September 23, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Firefighter01
  Code Words/Phrases brewer 21 2683 July 5, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Losty