Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong about the simple choice.
I was wrong about the simple choice.
It is much simpler than that.

Have compassion for yourself to the extent you begin to fear your everlasting destiny.  When you have enough compassion to have compassion for yourself, it will easily extend to others.

Anyone who is humble enough to give up the false cloak of Satan the false pride he inspires people with, will be saved.

Love is a secret language that emanates from and points to the Divine.  If you can't hear it to the extent you should have compassion for yourself regarding your everlasting destiny, you will not hear much of it's higher calls to the most beloved and the most beloved's most beloveds.
RE: I was wrong about the simple choice.
Why, oh, why do the messages GOD places upon your heart, require this much EDITING?! Tongue
(January 2, 2017 at 8:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Have compassion for yourself to the extent you begin to fear your everlasting destiny.

But I don't  fear my "everlasting destiny."  I accept that living things die, and that that is where everything ends for all that lives.  I believe that there never was any such thing as life after death, and that there never will be such a thing, no matter how many people want it.

My compassion -- and yes, I have a considerable amount of it -- is centered in the here-and-now.  It waxes and wanes, like any other emotion, depending on the circumstances.  It needs no supernatural trappings and no gods.  It is what it is, and that's fine.
(January 2, 2017 at 8:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It is much simpler than that.

Have compassion for yourself to the extent you begin to fear your everlasting destiny.  When you have enough compassion to have compassion for yourself, it will easily extend to others.

Anyone who is humble enough to give up the false cloak of Satan the false pride he inspires people with, will be saved.

Love is a secret language that emanates from and points to the Divine.  If you can't hear it to the extent you should have compassion for yourself regarding your everlasting destiny, you will not hear much of it's higher calls to the most beloved and the most beloved's most beloveds.

I don't recall satan ever doing anything that made him look like as big of a boastful, prideful a-hole as god. Maybe you're getting the two of them mixed up.

Also, explain how love means drowning all but 8 people in the world. I've been trying to get an answer out of people and one would think the answer would be simple. Maybe even simpler than that.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

You do realise that for a good number of people (if not the vast majority), it's actually far easier to be compassionate about oneself than for others?

(For information see, well, most politicians, really, but the Republican Party has turned compassion for oneself [or one's preferred ingroups] at the expense at everyone else into an art form.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You offer fear as an aspiration?
Are you high?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(January 2, 2017 at 9:08 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(January 2, 2017 at 8:55 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Have compassion for yourself to the extent you begin to fear your everlasting destiny.

But I don't  fear my "everlasting destiny."  

And that is a problem. You should.

(January 2, 2017 at 9:40 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: You offer fear as an aspiration?
Are you high?

It's a start, that if kept true to, will lead one to correct one's behaviour.

We start valuing ourselves more than God, that itself is enough of a sin.  But this can be turned around with fear. Fear is a wisdom that applies whether we value God more then ourselves or ourselves more than God. If we value our selves more, we will be lead to value God more. If we value God more, we will fear the trait of valuing ourselves more.

It's the beginning of wisdom, a way to safeguard it, but it's not it's purpose nor it's goal.
I really wish I could convey to you how absurd you are, I wish I had the words. I am sad that I lack the talent.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 2, 2017 at 9:21 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

You do realise that for a good number of people (if not the vast majority), it's actually far easier to be compassionate about oneself than for others?

Most people aren't truthful to themselves. They rather deceive themselves that they have nothing to fear, then realize they should have a great fear and solve the issue they should have a great fear for.

I am not ready to die, because, I know I value the false idol in myself more then God. If I die in this state, I would merit eternal punishment.

My mind knows God is more valuable, more worthy of being valued and honored, but my soul values in reality my low unclean desire and deception more, it values that which emenates from Satan more, it values that which Satan comes into me more.

If I die in this state, I die because I didn't care for myself enough to root out this trait, didn't fear the reality, but rather took the issue lightly and as a joke and game.

This life is not a game. People suffer, people suffer, people suffer, this tells us like is not for fun nor a joke.
(January 2, 2017 at 9:44 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(January 2, 2017 at 9:40 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: You offer fear as an aspiration?
Are you high?

It's a start, that if kept true to, will lead one to correct one's behaviour.
I have arachnophobia, so spiders trigger the fight or flight response, this usually ends with a smear on the cover of one of my books.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1406 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1119 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Religion: Simple Lies for Simple People Minimalist 3 531 September 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1704 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  On the wrong tract............ Brian37 28 4842 December 16, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A simple question for theists masterofpuppets 86 20895 April 10, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: emjay
  A simple God question if I may. ignoramus 28 5467 February 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lek
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12663 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  It's a simple choice: Mystic 72 6258 December 31, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 14658 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan