Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Sick People,
Dear Sick People,
Fuck You.

(Signed)

The Republicunts.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/republic...-of-night/

Quote:Republicans — except for Rand Paul — vote to gut Obamacare in the dead of night
RE: Dear Sick People,
From what I hear, Rand Paul may not be anti-ACA, but is very anti-ADA.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't get this at all, what's the point of repealing it if they want to immediately replace it with another version of it?  Why not just modify it - something that everyone across both aisles seems to be interested in.  

Seems like that would be a hell of alot easier.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You're dealing with assholes.  You cannot expect logic.
Because Obama did it that sticks in a craw .Republicans they have manic obsession with purging anything to do with him. Because it reminds them that for the last 8 years there parties been a disorganized joke.( of course now there a even bigger joke now that there in power)
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Naturally, the irony of the GOP repealing what is in essence the brainchild of . . . wait for it! . . . conservative think tanks will be lost on the jackasses who voted for them.

The ACA was a huge step forward and probably the most that could have been hoped for from Obama or anyone else given our political climate. Single payer is the only sensible solution to this problem, but it will never happen in my lifetime.

Let them do their worst (which means business as usual for the congressional Republicans) and then live with the electoral consequences when it finally dawns on people that the Republicans have no real plan that can effectively replace the ACA.
Apparently you are not dealing with the ACA. Premium - double, deductible to be met - triple, RX not covered for my wife x 3 (last year $140/mo, this year $400/mo), provider access - cut in half. Participation - mandatory. 

Tell me, what should I like about the ACA? Why should I care?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No, I'm not dealing with the ACA, and there is no dispute that many people are not better off. I'm sorry you're one of them. I always considered the ACA a poor compromise. As I said, single-payer is the way to go; I've supported that my entire adult life. However, it won't happen anytime soon. God forbid we cut out the insurance industry.

But tossing millions of people who formerly had no coverage back onto the proverbial street doesn't strike me as a good 'plan'.
(January 12, 2017 at 12:01 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Tell me, what should I like about the ACA? Why should I care?

Subsidies for low income individuals/families
Pre-existing conditions
Elimination of annual and lifetime maximum benefits
Extended coverage time frame for dependents
Costs the same for women as it does for men

These are some of the reasons to like the ACA.

Anyone who thought insurance companies were going to have to start selling health insurance to sick people without an across the board price increase didn’t think that one through. Anyone who thinks repealing the ACA is going to result in long term lower premiums hasn't thought that one through either.

You should look into healthcare gap insurance (bridge plans) if you haven’t already. It can be an affordable way to take the bite out of large deductibles.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Dear Republicans,

Thanks assholes, and FUCK YOU TOO.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1264 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 3809 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 840 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1895 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oh Dear. Some Nasty Tweets Will Be Forthcoming Minimalist 15 3851 July 7, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Will TrumpTards always defend their dear leader? NuclearEnergy 3 1248 May 17, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  White people assuming other white people like Trump Sterben 81 11721 April 1, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Most recent tweet from our dear leader. Brian37 2 850 November 11, 2016 at 1:48 am
  Dear Kansas, Minimalist 11 1858 May 31, 2016 at 7:52 pm
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1909 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin