Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near death experience
Near death experience
Just a taster.

'They say phenomena such as out-of-body experiences or encounters with dead relatives are tricks of the mind rather than a glimpse of the afterlife.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/health-...K12_14_15_
And the science train knocks down another myth.
RE: Near death experience
I always was skeptical of that stuff. Good to see that waiting has paid off with something more concrete than 'believe me'.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Wooooo Wooooo.... chugga chugga chugga chugga... Woooo Woooooo!

Yeah read it in the Daily Mail, its pretty much all debunked as merely experiences having a biological basis of a malfunctioning (and dying) brain rather than a brief visit to some 'spiritual wonderland realm'.

Not much else left to wrap up, merely provide an explanation for NDEs during cardiac assert and that's about it.
(October 31, 2011 at 3:59 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Wooooo Wooooo.... chugga chugga chugga chugga... Woooo Woooooo!

The train just ran over the "woo".
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(October 31, 2011 at 4:46 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Not much else left to wrap up, merely provide an explanation for NDEs during cardiac assert and that's about it.

Howbout the brain suddenly seizing because it's being deprived of oxygen? Seems quite likely to provoke a NDE. Also likely to kill.

The joy of things.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(November 1, 2011 at 3:22 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(October 31, 2011 at 4:46 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Not much else left to wrap up, merely provide an explanation for NDEs during cardiac assert and that's about it.

Howbout the brain suddenly seizing because it's being deprived of oxygen? Seems quite likely to provoke a NDE. Also likely to kill.

The joy of things.
Brain activity "flatlines" during cardiopulmonary arrest, by all accounts you shouldn't be able to experience, well, anything.

They'll probably debunk that too in that the individual has a mild neurological disability of some kind allowing them to have a NDE. Smile
I have "died" 4 times, died being that my heart stopped beating and I quit breathing on my own. Never once did I see the light or my life flash before my eyes. In fact it was much like being under anesthesia, I was awake, then nothing, then I was again awake after they brought me back.
I've never believed in NDE's since I realized that no two accounts are exactly alike. You'd think that if a soul really were leaving the body and going to some place after death, everyone would relate seeing the exact same thing. But after reading numerous different stories of NDE's, it's fairly obvious that these people's minds are just playing tricks on them.

It also doesn't help believers in NDE's that the vast majority, if not all, NDE's are experienced under anesthesia in a hospital setting. Anyone who's ever had anesthesia knows that it makes you pretty loopy when you're waking up.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
http://www.jesus-loves-you.org/?p=1909&f...f292daa428

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100% fruit juice liked to increased death death brewer 28 2666 May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Anyone else experience physical sensation while dreaming? Astonished 14 2863 January 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Secual Experience for Men Rhondazvous 15 2796 July 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  One step closer to proving abiogenesis? Scientists create "Near-Living Crystal" Ryantology 41 16528 January 31, 2015 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Near death experiences explained. downbeatplumb 7 2534 August 16, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: freedomfromforum