Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever forgot something really important...?
Ever forgot something really important...?
Ok so yesterday went  to the store to get some grub,  went to the self check out........About halfway back to my mom's nursing home something was bugging me, pulled over, checked my wallet. Sure I scanned everything but, LEFT WITHOUT PAYING! As soon as realized my mistake panic set in, did a u-turn and no I don't speed but the urgency was there, hit a red light, thinking "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT". Then was thinking running back in security would say, "Please follow us".....

Well that did not happen fortunately went to the cashier and told them, paid and left. PHEW!

That however was not the worst failing to remember to pay. A few years back my mom had just moved down here and I was still living in the state above her. So came to visit and on my way back, about halfway back I stopped to get snacks, drink and gas. This was before pay beforehand went nationwide. YEP left without paying for the gas. 120 miles later got home and realized I had too much money in my wallet. Fortunately I remembered the exit town and gas station name so I looked up the number on the net. Called them and said, "You remember that vehicle that left without paying", they said yes. I said, " Please don't send the cops after me, here is my address and phone, I will send you a money order". They said that would be fine. 

Anyone else ever gotten that brain dead?
RE: If you've ever.... Not a good feeling.....
brain dead aside Brian, I think you are forgetting the "no clickbait title" rule.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

RE: If you've ever.... Not a good feeling.....
I forgot paying at the gas station once. Realized a few hours later. They hadn't even noticed till I drove back to pay. Luckily it was in my hometown anyway. So no big detour.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Ever forgot something really important...?
Moderator Notice
Vague title fixed. Please remember to make your thread titles indicative of what's inside.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Can't remember.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Birthdays mothers days fathers days I forgot to see my daughter once on a day when I was supposed to, homework, revision, chargers, food I was supposed to bring into work. Forgot to turn the oven off while drunk cooking a pizza, ended up with a black frisbee in the morning.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

In dreams I keep forgetting to put my pants on and don't realise until I'm in school and everyone's laughing at me.
Would you believe I wore pajama pants to work the other day?
(February 4, 2017 at 12:57 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Would you believe I wore pajama pants to work the other day?

I did something similar when I was at school; we went swimming and I forgot to change out of my wet swimming trunks before putting on my trousers afterwards, so I spent a lot of the day walking around with wet patches on my trousers Wink I don't remember all the details but I think I figured it would be okay... that they'd dry... but swimming trunks never dry Wink
Forgot to drop my kid off at daycare once. Got to work, turned round to get my bag and holy shit, I still have a kid in the car.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2263 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1634 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 211 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  How important are you? Ahriman 50 4329 April 26, 2022 at 6:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 4761 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 394 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 516 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1303 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 1716 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1555 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am