Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important are you?
How important are you?
I think it's a good question. How important are you really? What is your real value? Do you know? Do you care? What makes a person important?

I'll be honest, I've spent a great deal of mental energy assessing my own importance relative to other people. Somewhat unsurprisingly, I've come to the conclusion that I am a far more important person than most people. But this isn't for no good reason. My superiority is evident, in a number of ways. I won't explain any of those ways because I would get overwhelmed and I just want to get this thread posted.

So what makes you important?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: How important are you?
It is most important to your mental health to view yourself as worthy, but detrimental to think you are more important than anyone else.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The fact that my importance is so much greater than even your tremendous self assessed importance makes me important.
(April 24, 2022 at 9:52 pm)Foxaire Wrote: It is most important to your mental health to view yourself as worthy, but detrimental to think you are more important than anyone else.

But disastrous mental health is an integral part of his sense of self worth.
[Image: 3e717fc73953ce78164a5c6ba6167ec7.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
It's worthwhile to be important to yourself, so that you consistently act in your own best interests.

As soon as other people enter the picture, though, all bets are off. They get to assess your value to them, and if they don't think you're important there isn't a heck of a lot you can do about it.
I'm not.
Dying to live, living to die.
The importance of unimportance.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 24, 2022 at 9:45 pm)Ahriman Wrote: I think it's a good question. How important are you really? What is your real value? Do you know? Do you care? What makes a person important?

I'll be honest, I've spent a great deal of mental energy assessing my own importance relative to other people. Somewhat unsurprisingly, I've come to the conclusion that I am a far more important person than most people. But this isn't for no good reason. My superiority is evident, in a number of ways. I won't explain any of those ways because I would get overwhelmed and I just want to get this thread posted.

So what makes you important?

Cubic Dunning-Kreuger. How is that even possible? OH, I know!

[Image: JgFaNTX.png]
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It depends on who you ask.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 503 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Most Important Post You'll Read Today BrianSoddingBoru4 4 676 March 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ever forgot something really important...? Brian37 25 2356 February 6, 2017 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn
Heart Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break. Edwardo Piet 49 3944 December 5, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Going bald? Here's important news. Gawdzilla Sama 9 1260 October 31, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Important Announcement! chimp3 3 749 September 22, 2016 at 1:49 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I have something important to say. dyresand 36 3689 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  what are the most important things DramaQueen 32 4242 August 14, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The most important question of all... Clueless Morgan 16 2778 April 3, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Important information for men Jacob(smooth) 31 5254 February 19, 2014 at 2:33 am
Last Post: noor100