Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump deregulates business and finance...
Trump deregulates business and finance...
So he's removing the regulations for business and finance organisations.

Trump repeals Dodd-Frank
Trump repeals business regulations

Welcome to your corporate overlords...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Trump deregulates business and finance...
(February 6, 2017 at 6:11 am)Mr Greene Wrote: So he's removing the regulations for business and finance organisations.

Trump repeals Dodd-Frank

US financial meltdown in 3,2,1....

OK it'll probably take a few years, but given how shaky the financial system and the economy as a whole are after just barely surviving the 2008 crash (frankly under older rules and without the mass book cooking, we'd still be classifying the world economy as being in a depression) a quick and terminal plunge is the 99.999999999999999999999999999999% probability.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(February 6, 2017 at 6:11 am)Mr Greene Wrote: So he's removing the regulations for business and finance organisations.

Trump repeals Dodd-Frank

That's not what I take from these pieces. Instead, I see Drumpf being sneakier about his Exec orders by making the outcomes really vague so he can avoid criticism. For example, Dodd-Frank didn't segment its regulations by turnover or employee numbers (a standard for business regulations in many countries with precedent in the US) and consequently, Co-ops and Community banks have suffered limiting bureaucratic overheads. It's right to review the act and it can be sold to the public on that basis. However I'd be willing to put money on the review not adding any segmentation by business size 'in order to help the little guy' while retaining necessary strictures on large banks to maintain economic stability, instead he's likely just to pull restrictions so that large banks can make more money irrespective of who that may disadvantage. I think the wording/framing of the order is simply a smokescreen to hide shady business practices.
Sum ergo sum
It probably is intended to cover shady deals, however the ultimate effect will be to shackle and process the American public, (and by extension just about anyone who has business with American companies)  in an attempt to wring out all possible value.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Dodd Frank did jack shit it didn't work. What we need is a new glass steagall
otherwise Dodd Frank did nothing to stop the economy from a future collapse that is going to happen.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Must've been what he meant by giving power back to the people, looking out for the little guy, and all that. I'm sure that rural america will prosper on the back of these decisions.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Just wanted to point out, Trump cannot "overturn" Dodd-Frank. It is a law. It may be repealed, by Congress.

The only thing Trump's ordered is a "review", which no doubt means "come up with every half-assed reason you can to justify its repeal once Congress gets to it."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tape of Trump and Cohen and Playboy model Brian37 10 1866 July 20, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump Jr. & Eric have new business selling shit from China Fake Messiah 1 554 March 21, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Fireball
  One time I do defend big business..... Brian37 8 1299 April 12, 2016 at 5:31 pm
  The Business Types Want Jesus To Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 10 1679 April 10, 2016 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Whatever Shall The Business Criminal Assholes Do Now Minimalist 0 551 April 5, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NY state business org, promises no taxes. Brian37 0 595 January 28, 2015 at 4:02 pm
  Business Criminal Assholes Hate Competition Minimalist 4 1617 July 25, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cato