Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck Barris dead at 87
Chuck Barris dead at 87
I used to love the Gong Show.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Chuck Barris dead at 87
Tragic how he always was in the shadow of his slightly older almost-namesake Chuck Berry.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Guess life gave him the gong.

*Gene Gene the Dancing Machine shuffles out, does a mournful interpretive soft-shoe, gets gonged*
https://youtu.be/cv2Jrtale1o
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 22, 2017 at 9:01 am)Alex K Wrote: Tragic how he always was in the shadow of his slightly older almost-namesake Chuck Berry.

Yeah, I glazed over the headline, and was like... "wait, Chuck Berry hosted the Gong Show?!"  And then I read it more closely and realized it was a different, similarly named, almost as old fellow.

Kind of like back last January, when Bowie and Rickman died, and one could lament "it's a dangerous time to be a 69-year-old English gentleman," it looks like at the moment it's a bad time to be named Chuck B_rr___.

There is currently a NYC councilman named Charles Barron.  I wish him all the health in the world.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(March 22, 2017 at 10:45 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote:
(March 22, 2017 at 9:01 am)Alex K Wrote: Tragic how he always was in the shadow of his slightly older almost-namesake Chuck Berry.

Yeah, I glazed over the headline, and was like... "wait, Chuck Berry hosted the Gong Show?!"  And then I read it more closely and realized it was a different, similarly named, almost as old fellow.

Kind of like back last January, when Bowie and Rickman died, and one could lament "it's a dangerous time to be a 69-year-old English gentleman," it looks like at the moment it's a bad time to be named Chuck B_rr___.

There is currently a NYC councilman named Charles Barron.  I wish him all the health in the world.

Meh, he's a politician.

You know, I can remember my parents taking me to see Confessions of a Dangerous Mind in theatres, and being fascinated enough by the Gong Show scenes to try and seek out episodes of the actual show. By a strange coincidence, that same night, two episodes were shown on the Game Show network and I watched them both. Surprisingly, they never aired those episodes again.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chuck Berry Dead at 90 Brian37 3 574 March 19, 2017 at 7:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4